Recent content by vampie.boy

1. vampie.boy

Digital MP3 CD Changer emulator off Ebay?

Hi, I am thinking about getting one of these; http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220592406365&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT I have a Gamma 5 (YD5, made by Technisat, Germany) and an OEM single CD player in my UK Passat 130 TDI PD. I would like to hook it up so it emulates...
  2. vampie.boy

Anyone enable the "welcome" cluster message?

Original post amended to reflect the above. many thanks!
  3. vampie.boy

This could well be the case, I pulled the fuse because this was my first go with this Instrument cluster and, having found no definitive answer for the correct addresses and their values, I was impatient to see the result, in case my addresses and their values were wrong. Bizarelly, the...
  4. vampie.boy

Cluster Coding-Vag Tacho-Illuminated needles-need help!

Ach Ja! German Horn tone ist Uber Keeewlll! Models with the factory alarm system in Europe have 3 seetings for the sound of the DWA horn; UK (sound like the old british police siren) Europe (yet another style police siren, almost the same as above) Germany (the different uber-keeewl...
  5. vampie.boy

Spot on! :D I can confirm this worked a treat on my 3BO 920 949 A Passat VDO V04 Immo3 Instrument Cluster. ADDRESS OLD NEW 0x021F 30 39 Enable Light Up Needles 0x044E E1 E1 Enable Distance to empty (Disable DTE = C1, if your read value is C1 then your DTE is disabled) 0x044F 02 6B Enable...
  6. vampie.boy

Sussed! Thanks to this guy; http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2558280&postcount=188 The answer was out there, I just had to look hard.:p For the 3BO 920 949 A Passat VDO V04 Immo3 FIS Instrument Cluster Software Version: VWK503MH ADDRESS OLD NEW 0x021F 30 39 Enable Light Up...
  7. vampie.boy

Hi guys, Got my VAG Tacho and decided to try the illuminated needle mod on my 2004 UK Passat TDI PD. The instrument cluster is a 3BO920949A VDO V04. DTE is already factory enabled, I wanted to do just the needles and possibly the "welcome" message too. Had no problem logging in with...
  8. vampie.boy

Coding procedure for CCM Window Modification

That would be great if you have the time to post the notes. Perhaps the trick is to boot with a USB drive? The engineering establishment I work for had Dell computers approved for this kind of work to other equipment using com1 serial connection. Historically they had Dell Latitude D600 to...
  9. vampie.boy

For both my Dell 610 and Samsung V20 my protocol parmeters tab (ALT f for Configuration then P for Protocol) values are reading: 2500 40 1 1 150 60 30 600 1100 800 [X] ACK between different measured value groups (AG4) [ ] Debug messages by interupted contacts The specs for the two compures...
  10. vampie.boy

Tried Graeme's iso image but could not get it to work with my Dell Lat 610. Worked perfect on the old Samsung. Same serial cable. The other day I used the Dell to connect to a professional system using telnet hyperterminal native Com 1 through a serial null modem cable and it worked as always...
  11. vampie.boy

My adventure with VDC Pro Here it is; Made a CD with an image Iso and got this cable from Ebay; Item no; 260371510896 seller ID; SZHID It took a couple of weeks for the cable to arrive and I was pleasantly surprised with its quality. I have bought cheap USB versions before, but this was...
  12. vampie.boy

Thanks Lucas, exactly what I was after, the serial cable from King Kong is here, so I'll get busy.
  13. vampie.boy

Do you mean tis one; http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=160960 Read all the pages to date but could not find anything about the codes diabling the alarm disarm with the key in drivers door for 1CO CCMs. Is there another thread somewhere that I missed? I would be greatful if...
  14. vampie.boy

That is pretty much where I my question about disabling the window up/down function was heading, but disabling the "alarm disarm with key" is a much more elegant way around the problem, so thanks for pointing that out. Mine does not have it stock, the factory alarm can be enabled/disabled with...