Recent content by US_TDI?

1. U

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

I'm sure this has been asked, but is anyone doing real world testing of gas vehicles in the USA or are they only looking at diesels? I realize that no gas cars were caught cheating on this issue but are we holding them to the same standard by doing real world testing on both?
  2. U

2010 TDI golf confirmed for North America

I thought the talk of the polo had been pretty much shot down?
  3. U

So the idea is the golf and jetta are the same size? Man, I test drove the jetta tdi and then sat in a golf (didnt drive it) and the golf seemed smaller and cramped by comparison. Even if they are the same size, it's kind of stupid that they didnt come out with a different size tdi (smaller)...
  4. U

So I had be interested in seeing what the price of the new golf tdi was going to be and now they announced it starts at right around 22,000. Thats pretty much where a jetta tdi starts at and apparently isnt supposed to get much (if any) better mileage. Because I'm less educated about this stuff...
  5. U

2010 Golf Mk VI Pricing

Why buy a golf tdi over a jetta tdi (about same price)? So I had be interested in seeing what the price of the new golf tdi was going to be and now they announced it starts at right around 22,000. Thats pretty much where a jetta tdi starts at and apparently isnt supposed to get much (if any)...
  6. U

2010 Golf Mk VI Pricing

Why buy a golf tdi over a jetta tdi (about same price)? So I had be interested in seeing what the price of the new golf tdi was going to be and now they announced it starts at right around 22,000. Thats pretty much where a jetta tdi starts at and apparently isnt supposed to get much (if any)...
  7. U

Autobloggreen First Drive of Jetta TDI

Huh. Thanks. So they are assembled in Mexico but the engines are definately not produced in mexico?
  8. U

Autobloggreen First Drive of Jetta TDI

I was reading the peoples comments on the article and there seems to be some dissagreement about where these cars are built. Some say mexico and some say Europe. Can anyone clear this up who knows for sure?
  9. U

"VW Jetta TDI Sets New World Record: 58.82 MPG"

They are up to 60.8 US mpg.
  10. U

Winding Road Mag: All About US Diesel

It doesnt mention the golf or rabit tdi.
  11. U

VW Rabbit TDI coming in fall 2009, Tiguan not likely anytime soon

A smaller engine would probably help make it lighter. I wish they would go with the 1.6 or smaller but I guess that's not going to happen. Anyone know how much weight would be cut with the smaller engine? I'm not a car guy but have been reading up on the TDI's and am very interested.
  12. U

The Golf/Rabbit VI

Who do I write to, to beg them to bring the bluemotion golf tdi to the states? I would be all about buying this car. Please, please, please....