Recent content by UhOh

1. UhOh

TDIClub Secret Society of Benz Owners (SSBO)

I'd be IN for that as well. The Black Smoke Racing guys figure they can safely get about 270 hp out of the om648 with stock components: pushing any more here and you have to do some hardware changes (stock intercoolers are first things that have to go). My preference is to deal with someone in...
  2. UhOh

Had to chuckle. I'd tried ordering from you guys and eventually gave up (but I still manage to order stuff for my CDI from you- nearly everything for my TDIs has/does come from you). It was the same for everywhere else. Valve cover on my engine (the one I went with) had been oxidized toward...
  3. UhOh

Keep in mind that these weren't inexpensive vehicles back in the day. My car was over $58k USD, which would be about $91k USD in today's dollars. Yes, I get it that innovation and features of today's vehicles actually get you more for your money but there's also added longer-term costs...
  4. UhOh

The 2006/2007 (post-facelift) CDIs, om642 [v6], doesn't use DEF but it has, I think, a DPF. Later years then started using DEF. The om648 only utilizes an EGR/EGR cooler and CAT, same as with ALH TDIs; only additional thing is intake swirl flaps. I've never liked V diesels (sorry if that...
  5. UhOh

Depends on condition. No different than getting anything that's used- there's always unknowns. Not sure why you picked 2004-2005 as there were no 2004 CDIs in North America (or maybe just the US?). My understanding, from a US perspective, is that it's 2005-2006. I've bought TWO high mileage...
  6. UhOh

zsink, if you haven't already take a look at the link on my car work: post 633. I've put a few thousand miles on mine so far. Also doing some finish work on it during the winter: bought it as a fair weather car only. I'm dealing with a fueling issue and once done I'm golden: all new...
  7. UhOh

So, how are you liking your CDI? I'm still trying to resolve a fueling issue with mine: working out the "new car" bugs. BTW - You have almost the same array of vehicles that I have, though my truck is a Gen 2. 🙂
  8. UhOh

The 2005 shipped from Michigan (the car was from Chicago and the owner had a friend who was a dealer in Michigan sell it for him). The 2006, parts car, I drove home (PNW car had lots of clean parts; body had been bashed up pretty good and the owner cobbled it back together- should have been...
  9. UhOh

Pretty much finished my restoration project: currently working out some fueling issues (common rails can be a big pain in the arse!). Pics here: Saving the E320 CDI | Mercedes-Benz Forum With a stage 1 tune this thing is a total beast. Ultimate cruiser.
  10. UhOh

Front suspension creak/squeak

Perhaps the knocking but not the sounds of the resulting collision from those failed(? missing?) bits! 😄
  11. UhOh

SOLD: VCDS HEX-NET Mobile (unlimited VIN) - $300 (plus shipping)

Folks, I've got a buyer. Thanks for all your interest. I'm happy to have been able to sell it to one of the great people here: figured a discount price was in order. Nuje, no, not bailing on my VWs (wife and I still have ALH Golfs; still our daily drivers). I just don't find that I need to...
  12. UhOh

SOLD: VCDS HEX-NET Mobile (unlimited VIN) - $300 (plus shipping)

10/20/2023 UPDATE: Sent to a new home! These are $650 (USD) new (I paid over $500). Will provide secure/protective shipping packaging. Shipping costs to be calculated based on where you're buying from. PayPal only. [Probably doesn't need to be stated, but I'm trustworthy] I _think_ that...
  13. VCDS_3.jpg

VCDS_3.jpg

14. VCDS_2.jpg

VCDS_2.jpg