Recent content by Tvizzy

1. T

Cluster color change help/guide

lol yes yes I’m aware it’s adjustable but it’s the blue light itself.Even at its dimmest it’s still hard on my eyes and after a full day of welding my eyes are sore as it is.
  2. T

squeaking noise wont go away, help please

the shush shush explanation is more like it
  3. T

I was already thinking about that. Not sure if anywhere around me has any tdi’s in their lot but I’ll find out tomorrow.
  4. T

So I stopped at the in-laws for a couple hours and before I **** down the engine I noticed the noise was gone. Hmm so couple hours gonna go home and started the car and by this time it’s cooled down and the noise is there. It seems to go away after bein warmed up.
  5. T

Well I’m a welder during the day and hobby mechanic in training at night. Pretty steady handed I’d say, done some soldering in my short lifetime and with fixing or upgrading my car I figure the worst I can do is break it and have to try again lol I would just like a detailed guide on the steps...
  6. T

I have a 2003 Jett tdi and I drive a lot in the dark early hours of the morning to work and the blue lights are really hard on my eyes. I would like everything to be red. I have tried to look it up and every other post is different and some say it’s impossible some say it’s no problem.... so I...
  7. T

alright. I’ll check it right away today after work. I’ve never done a timing chain but I’m sure it can’t be too hard to figure out with a book and a few videos and of course all the proper tools. So with 218k miles on it and not sure if previous owners have changed it would you recommend the...
  8. T

it’s a new belt. But I’ll try doing that tonight after work. Car has 218k and I’m not sure if anyone ever serviced this vehicle regularly so I’m sure it needs a timing belt and components. Thats my next task is timing belt kit.
  9. T

ok so a couple months ago a squeaking noise started and so i looked under the hood and the tensioner shock was blown out. boot was flapping all around. it sounded like it was coming from there. so i looked up the part and some advice and i changed the alternator, the idler pulley, and the...
  10. T

03 Jetta tdi caliper slide pin help

Thanks for the tip. I’m going to try the helicoil after work and see if it can’t get it right the first time if not I’ll order the parts.
  11. T

as in I should buy a new knuckle and all? I plan On putting a helicoil in there today. Is that a more permanent solution or next brake change I should still replace the knuckle?
  12. T

So on the driver front the caliper pin won’t torque down on the bottom one but the top one does. Stores are closed, can I drive it with one torqued and one semi tight? I drive 62 miles one way for work and it’s my only transportation..