Recent content by turbovan+tdi

1. turbovan+tdi

Any 02j internal gear experts here?

That works as I need 1 and 2. Thanks.
  2. turbovan+tdi

Awesome, if I ever get the time, lol, I'll do it and post up the results. :D
  3. turbovan+tdi

Turbo options

VNT17, you can't go wrong for the price. If you want a lot more, then the GTB and VKLR turbo's are next and way more money. STuds aren't a bad idea if the head is coming off. If you are tuning it right away, then 3 bar makes sense. Better hope you have a good clutch.
  4. turbovan+tdi

Don’t mess with your emissions

That is true, but most don't, finance it etc, make stupid monthly payments. New vehicles are way over priced and too complex.
  5. turbovan+tdi

Don’t mess with your emissions

Yep. LBZ's have gone thru the roof. New truck prices are insane. My customer has ordered a 2021 Dmax dually, full load, close to 100K plus tax. That is f*Cking insane, for a truck. I don't get it. :confused: I bought an 02 Dmax, 2500HD, I am into it for 10K, I've had it for 3 years, has 400K...
  6. turbovan+tdi

Vnt 17 rebuild?

Usually turbo's blow oil out the turbine side. Was it a new turbo? There are no restrictors on our turbo's, they aren't ball bearing turbo's, so not sure what he's talking about.
  7. turbovan+tdi

Electric vehicles (EVs), their emissions, and future viability

Call me stupid, but I don't understand what you mean that having south facing panels because the afternoon solar heat gains are the worst?
  8. turbovan+tdi

About to scrap this car I'm going daft

Glad to hear!!! :D
  9. turbovan+tdi

02 VW Golf tdi auto (FDB) valve body Q’s

I've used TDI vb's in 2.0's and vice versa, no difference. I do turn up the line pressure 20 clicks though.
  10. turbovan+tdi

PD100 terrible power

If the IC has a hole, it will cause it to be sluggish as the MAF readings are off. Get into your data, put up boos requested vs boost actual and N75 %. What is your torsion value? How many miles? Its possible you have a cam going flat as well, or if it has a cat, could be plugged up.
  11. turbovan+tdi

About to scrap this car I'm going daft

Did you measure piston protrusion? If its still smoking, drop the dp and inspect for oil. If the cat is cleaned out, I'd venture to say your new turbo is toast.
  12. turbovan+tdi

To Part or Leave Whole??

Agreed, but I guess for him, that was the right choice. Around here, people would rather buy a ****box and spend 15K, than buy one for that price and enjoy.
  13. turbovan+tdi

TQ rating Sach's SMF kit?

I've found Valeo and Luks DMF specs, but can't find their's. Is the difference over the Valeo in the disc, clamping force or both? Thanks.
  14. turbovan+tdi

To Part or Leave Whole??

Downgrade, there was a guy selling a super hi po MK4 Golf locally, every bell and whistle for $15k. No one bought, he parted it out. :(
  15. turbovan+tdi

Thanks, I've done that, but I need to know I can use the internal gearing in the EUH trans, IE will it fit the gear shafts etc.