Recent content by turboii

1. T

P0299 Underboost

clogged cat?
  2. T

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

i too having 1556 code - intermittent. Low power when wot and i no longer hear turbo whistle. I checked the vacuum out of the N75 valve with the Vagcom toggling the solenoid, and it checks out ok at about -20 inHg. I can feel the actuator at the turbo moving slightly, but doesnt seem to be...
  3. T

Diagnosing and Fixing Limp mode for A4 1.9TDI [low power troubleshooting]

i too having 1556 code - intermittent. Low power when wot and i no longer hear turbo whistle. I checked the vacuum out of the N75 valve with the Vagcom toggling the solenoid, and it checks out ok at about -20 inHg. I can feel the actuator at the turbo moving slightly, but doesnt seem to be...
  4. T

Diagnosing a stuburn oil leak

replacing the vacuum pump seal appears to have fixed my leak
  5. T

im thinking its the vacuum pump seal too.. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=328336 ordering it now, will post results. next i will try the valve cover. i just discovered apparently you cant replace the valve cover seal without ordering a new valve cover, and its $170...
  6. T

i actually have a leak in the very same spot. it looks to be coming from the where the intake manifold bolts to the head on the far drivers side. i havent taken anything apart yet to be sure though, hoping someone else who has fixed it before speaks up
  7. T

WTT Mercedes 300D and/or 4WD Pathinder for your TDI, any condition

i am looking for a Jetta TDI or Golf TDI, any year, any condition up for trade is a 1983 Mercedes 300D turbo-diesel, unknown miles (odometer doesnt work, stopped at 250k i believe). it is rough on the outside and interior is crap, but the drivetrain is in awesome condition, with a newly...