Recent content by turbodieseldyke

1. turbodieseldyke

MK6 Jetta TDI's in the Pick n' Pulls

Yes. Don't tell them. Some of the dpf's i had seen sawed out sloppily and almost immediately, i wondered if the yard apes were doing it, but seeing them show up in other yards puts that theory in doubt. LKQ did have the DPF listed on their price sheet until late 2023. It's gone now. I...
  2. turbodieseldyke

Timing belt damage question

The seller doesn't know that. A pending failure will lower the price. You can sell a good working one for more than scrap value.
  3. turbodieseldyke

MK6 Jetta TDI's in the Pick n' Pulls

You could check the egr filter pipe for soot, or the tail pipe.
  4. turbodieseldyke

Timing belt damage question

Just because it has one very big known problem, doesnt mean another big one isnt lurking underneath (DPF, e.g.)
  5. turbodieseldyke

Mk4 jetta sedan weight capaciy?

i had a honda 1.6L engine + manual tranny in my mk3 trunk once. My springs were already worn out, but i still made the 30mi ride.
  6. turbodieseldyke

Cylinder head removal

Where did i put my Shocked Face...
  7. turbodieseldyke

It aint nothing but a dog bone on a TDI...

i exaggerated. One of the tranny bolts broke off, the other was missing. No idea how long the 2nd bolt was missing, but the one remaining bolt apparently vibrated out til it snapped off when i put it in gear & accelerated moderately. So the bolt broke, with the same effect of the dogbone...
  8. turbodieseldyke

It aint nothing but a dog bone on a TDI...

When mine broke, the vibration was horrendous at idle, but smoothed out at 2000+ rpm & was able to drive home.
  9. turbodieseldyke

Front wheels vibrating when accelerating

idparts or FCPeuro would have those. idparts might be simpler to find, since they don't have extra inventory for non-TDI cars (gas AT axles, for instance) to complicate things. Have a look at your outer CV too. If the boot is cracked, it might be cheaper/simpler to replace the whole axle. Id...
  10. turbodieseldyke

Front wheels vibrating when accelerating

The balancer isn't directly connected to the wheels. Any vibration would have to travel through the crankshaft, flywheel, tranny, differential, and then the axles, before shaking the wheels. Most likely culprit is the right axle inner CV joint, because (1) it's a common point of failure, and...
  11. turbodieseldyke

Pre-mature Timing Belt Failure 2015 CVCA

You should probably get a one-day subscription to Erwin and download as many manual pages as possible.
  12. turbodieseldyke

Turbo issue??

The 🍺 emoji is appropriate in most cases.
  13. turbodieseldyke

2014 JSW - Dealer says won't start b/c bcm is filled with water

Something besides the key has to issue a Start/Run command to the ecu, and tell the starter to crank. If it cranks but doesn't start, then maybe the BCM isn't preventing it, but we didn't get all the details here. Something i had wondered about with these modules and especially with the 3 fuel...
  14. turbodieseldyke

Adblue delete vs full eco kit by Rawtec

you risk clogging up your cat with soot, or worse, depending on your neighborhood, having a cat thief cut it off & damage your downpipe