Recent content by turbocharged798

1. turbocharged798

Exhaust Manifold Copper Pinch Nuts. Still need washers?

This 100%. Best place for copper pinch nuts is in the trash. Use the OE nuts that aren't the pinch kind.
  2. turbocharged798

2005.5 Jetta TDI losing massive amounts of oil, looking for ideas

Those bore look great if thats the actual numbers.
  3. turbocharged798

WTB MK4 front door window weatherstripping

Yeah its the rubber trim track piece that goes from the mirror around the glass and ends at near the door handle. Its a big upside down U shaped piece. I am in Hudson valley/catskills region. If you have both the driver's and passengers side that would be great!
  4. turbocharged798

WTB MK4 front door window weatherstripping

Looking for the section of window track/weather stripping that goes on the front doors of MK4 cars. Either golf of jetta should work. Mine is cracked and shot and OEM is like $200 each. Thanks!
  5. turbocharged798

Take a ring and check the bore in multiple places and see if the gap changes at all. The bores tend to taper out which will cause oil consumption. If the gap is pretty consistant then I would be inclined to give it a hone and re-ring the pistons.
  6. turbocharged798

Time to "End of Life" my '03 Golf TDI?

In my experience, any TDI you get for $1000-1500 is going to be a rolling dumpster fire. I have bought a few of them over the years and they usually end up needing a ton of work to get where I find them roadworthy. A lot of people will just drive them into the ground and not fix a darn thing...
  7. turbocharged798

The two main places these engines usually use oil is rings and turbo. Valve guides won't leak oil in the combustion chamber because there is no vacuum on either the intake or exhaust sides of the valve. Both are under pressure. The way the head looks there is definitely oil passing through the...
  8. turbocharged798

Mating an awd drivetrain with an ALH

That's not a B5, this is a B5.(B5.5 actually) And yes they are torsen, not haldex. Latitudinal engine. And lots of 4 motion ones in the US.
  9. turbocharged798

I would think you would be better off going to a B5 platform and then you have torsen instead of haldex. Problem is you are dealing with more weight but the platform would likely be better suited for that power/speed level. Plus AWD B5 parts actually exist in decent numbers in the US.
  10. turbocharged798

2005 Jetta BEW crank no start, G28 code. "solved", picture

They are ultrasonically welded together. I didn't know what ultrasonic welding was at the time. Pretty weird pulling apart a harness and seeing the wires just pressed together.
  11. turbocharged798

ALH Timing Belt Slipped.... now what?

White smoke usually means retarded timing. Did you check IP timing graph?
  12. turbocharged798

You will probably need to source a transmission from europe. Users RyanP and Frans both specialize in importing that kind of stuff to the US. I am guessing that the TT uses some 02M variant.
  13. turbocharged798

Downpipe Flex Leaking - Quick Weld or New Downpipe?

A lot of cheap aftermarket downpipes won't last a year without either rotting out or breaking the flex pipe. OEM downpipe is far better than cheap aftermarket IMHO.
  14. turbocharged798

Downpipe Flex Leaking - Quick Weld or New Downpipe?

I have had very good luck rebuilding the OEM downpipe. The cat really doesn't restrict much or clog so there really is no reason to get rid of it. List is below I ordered from www.mandrelbends.com. Looks like prices went up a bit. I did welded with gas mig with 309 wire. Factory pipe is 409...
  15. turbocharged798

Immobilizer issue

Disconnect the battery, touch the terminals together for a few seconds and then reconnect. That will put the gauge cluster into hard reboot and should fix the problem.