Recent content by turbobrick240

1. turbobrick240

Correct Torque

Work themselves loose? Yeesh. Glad I tighten mine up by feel. In this region you'd have to clean them up real good each time to get an accurate torque reading- which isn't a bad practice if you've got the time.
  2. turbobrick240

High oil level remove oil warning.

If you're using a high percentage biodiesel blend, that could be the culprit. Biodiesel likes to migrate to the sump in DPF equipped diesels. Could also be a bad injector, or worst case- coolant. Should be pretty obvious if it's coolant though.
  3. turbobrick240

My 2012 Passat TDI timing belt was stuck caused by serpentine belt broken pieces

Do you have the crank lock tool and cam pin for timing belt jobs? You're going to need a new timing (and serpentine) belt at the very least. Probably a good idea to pull the valve cover and see if any of the rockers popped off.
  4. turbobrick240

My 2012 Passat TDI timing belt was stuck caused by serpentine belt broken pieces

Hopefully your battery is just discharged from no alternator charging.
  5. turbobrick240

Adblue delete vs full eco kit by Rawtec

The SCR cat won't work with the DPF and DOC deleted. The welds on that TRW pipe are fairly ugly. I'd look elsewhere personally.
  6. turbobrick240

2014 Jetta Sportwagen 6sp grinds in 1st gear, even after new clutch

Besides adjustment, the stock linkage has some plastic bits that are prone to breakage. Happened to mine and made 1st gear engagement rough. Solved with the really slick Dieselgeek shortshift kit. It made the shifts nice and crisp too...
  7. turbobrick240

Drastic oil usage

This oil additive from BG is supposed to be pretty good at freeing up gunked up rings. https://www.bgprod.com/catalog/engine/bg-epr-engine-performance-restoration/
  8. turbobrick240

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Under really severe use conditions 5k mile intervals are probably better. But very few people subject their engines to those conditions. There's quite a lot of UOAs on this site demonstrating that the 10k mile interval is just as good as 5k or 7.5k as far as wear metals per mile with the...
  9. turbobrick240

CR140 Max bhp Stock Internals

I think the stock bottom end should handle 350 hp. I'd want to upgrade the head bolts and probably need stiffer valve springs to get there.
  10. turbobrick240

2014 TDI timing belt change

That looks like the old belt shed quite a lot of rubber. Did you replace the water pump?
  11. turbobrick240

TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions

Those guys would have us changing the oil at 5k mile(or less) intervals. I've seen some other vids Lake Speed has put out by himself that are more impressive. The other guy is a bit of a dope, imo.
  12. turbobrick240

CKRA Oil consumption

No problemo. Are you still buying motor oil by the pallet?
  13. turbobrick240

Vegetable Oil as an Emergency Fuel?

Yup, the smart move would be to drain the sump, put that yuck in the tank, and then add the Wesson to the engine. I wouldn't run it for the full 10k mile interval, though.
  14. turbobrick240

real world EVs review

Stuff happens. We were headed up about 80 miles N, NW to get into the eclipse totality zone Mon. when my serpentine belt broke about 25 miles in. Luckily about a tenth of a mile from an O'Reillys that had the belt in stock. Pretty easy job on the 2.5 I5, but enough to derail the trip. Just as...