Recent content by TT71

1. T

Original BRM Camshaft and Dsg Trans, Numbers don't lie

I can vouch for Oilhammer on the headliner issue. Mine is 245,000 miles. Original cam replace the DMF and wiring harness. Timing belts and DSG service done by Jason.
  2. T

timing belt replacement help in north central illinois?

I just got back from Jason. My second timing belt. I can't say enough good things about him.
  3. T

2006 jetta potential purchase opinions

2006 DSG 195000+ miles My cam is good still (knock on wood) but I have had to replace the DMF and the drivers door wireharness. Then there is the other stuff headliner is falling and the peeling on the radio.
  4. T

Front Fender Rust TSB

No To my knowledge I am the second owner of my car. They covered it with a little bit of a fight
  5. T

2006 Jetta headliner equals fail

I have the same problem with mine. After seeing some of the prices people paid to get it fixed it sure does make me think twice about getting estimates.
  6. T

Any Southern Wisconsin deer hunters?

I don't deer hunt but a majority of the hunters I know travel up north about 4-8 hours.
  7. T

Winter fronts

Do a search on this site for Scurvy winter front. Club member Scurvy used pipe insulation on his front end to help warm up. I did the same thing in late winter and wished I did it sooner. It's not the most attractive looking front but the cost cant be beat. Less than 5 bucks.
  8. T

Leaking sunroof, SE Wisconsin repair options

Try calling Creative Auto Restyling in Racine. On Romayne ave. He tinted my windows for a fair price and they still look good and the one time I had a problem he stood by his work. No hassles.
  9. T

TDI Clubber in Burlington, WI?

I'm primarily east of the I but still alive an kicking.
  10. T

2005.5 Jetta PK1 door lock issue

aja8888 I ordered my wiring harness from 1stvwparts.com at the time which was 2 or 3 years ago they had the best price
  11. T

Diesel Pumps Not Working

The past few days have been brutal on my Jetta. Last night my car cussed me out but it finally started after I put the jump box form work on it. Then this morning it didnt want to start. If my starter makes it through the winter I would be amazed.. Oh yeah its also creating havoc with my mpg.
  12. T

Huge milestone today! LOL!

Jason does my dsg changes and I do my oil and filter changes. So I'm confident I can reach it.
  13. T

Huge milestone today! LOL!

Good to hear and know that an 06 with dsg can go well past 200,000. Right now I'm at 145k
  14. T

Thanks MiksTDI

Thanks dueces. Good to know there is a local that can fix my car in an emergency. As crazy as it sounds I think I enjoy the drive out to Jason's. You wouldn't have and address by chance?