Recent content by TrueNorthist

1. T

WANTED: 1992 B3 Passat Headlamp lenses -- BC, Canada

I no longer need the oem headlights. I am currently seeking a G60 instrument cluster that has a blue vacuum pressure sensor on the back, And I also seek a G-Lader supercharger that is functional or in decent rebuild condition.
  2. T

FS: 1992 1Z Passat Syncro

If anyone else wants to jump at the chance to own this fine car it is still available. I think...
  3. T

WANTED: 1992 B3 Passat Headlamp lenses -- BC, Canada

Wanted! I need oem or equivalent headlamp lenses for my 1992 B3 Passat G60 Wagon. I also might be interested in any other 1992 vintage B3 Passat parts you might have. Door handles are another must have item. Pm Me any time. Cheers!
  4. T

There she stands, naked before you.

While not quite a TDI yet, she will be soon enough. The weather couldn't have been better for her first trip home. I had repeated problems with the G60 but that doesn't matter, the Syncro works better than my 4Runner! Not a single spot of rust to be found, anywhere! 3 cracked headlamps...
  5. T

Cold Weather Issues

I agree with above, the fuel vendor you bought from likely had left over product in his tank when he filled with diesel. If it is a major chain I would contact their head office, or if an indy just avoid them in future. Might be an idea to go back and buy a gallon and test it for ethanol.
  6. T

Clutch

Quoting directly from Bentley Publishers Volkswagen, GTI, Golf, Jetta Service Manual 1985 - 1992: Section 9 - Manual Transmission and Clutch 5. Clutch Except for replacement or adjustment of the clutch cable, any repairs to the clutch require that the transaxle be removed from the car. The...
  7. T

Clutch

I will defer to your superior intellect on this. I am a noob with TDIs. But I know my way around a mk 2 in my sleep and always pull both after tearing down the front grille etc. I understand it is much the same with most VW TDIs but again, I give way to your learned opinion. I have a bad back...
  8. T

There a way to plug my car in, in the winter

I have seen that exact thing happen more than once and is precisely why I do not recommend them as much. But I am not all bunched up about this. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. It's just that in this case, mine just happens to be the right one. lol Cheers guys.
  9. T

Well, it's not the first time folks disagreed with me. :D Yes, some of the pad heaters fall off and some are weak etc, etc. I concede the point. But if you get a good one, with some oomph, (see expensive) mount it properly and also have a skid plate (as anyone who drives in snow should have)...
  10. T

You will absolutely do best with a pan heater as it heats the most important part of your engine: The oil. There are also in-line coolant heaters, but the pan heater is the best IMO.
  11. T

01M part 3

Excellent write-up!
  12. T

B3 Passat G60 Syncro drive checks

Thanks Windex. That soap trick is a good one, but it would have to be the rear wheels*. Transverse mount I think? Regardless, I may not need to worry about finding slippery conditions for the test as the weather forescat appears to be cooperating. Mind you, the drive down Hells Gate will be a...
  13. T

Laying a trouble light with a 100 watt incandescent bulb next to the head does the trick in a pinch. Just make sure it isn't resting on plastic.
  14. T

B3 Passat G60 Syncro drive checks

Ya, B3 Syncros are rare in the states, but I figgered another canuck might know of a trick... All I have found online is raising one of the engine-end wheels, then see if it can be driven off the jack, which seems a bit risky with a B3. Test is for a T3 van with Syncro, so it would have to be in...
  15. T

What did you do to your car today?

Nicely done! But painting on some flames would have been a nice touch...