Recent content by troms

1. T

Phase 2 fix

My dealership wrote down an odometer reading that's about 40k miles less than actual. I called them the next morning to correct it. It got reported to Carfax anyway. Maybe I'm just an old man, but it's ridiculous for me to report to some commercial BS company to try to keep my car's "papers"...
  2. T

Phase 2 fix

There was no new sticker or change to an old sticker after 2b (in my case). I asked the rep and he said, "There's no new sticker." I don't think VW's site has ever been correct for my car. I know damned well that stupid Carfax thingy is completely wrong. If I ever sell, I have impeccable...
  3. T

2015 volkswagen passat tdi phase 2 refusal

By the way, just to chime in. Gen 3 2.0 TDI (which I think is ONLY the 2015 Golf in the US) is the most trouble-free, reliable car I've owned! 96K and the ONLY repair I've done was replacing the latch on the back hatch. Bought new OEM part for $65 and installed it in about 10 minutes. Done...
  4. T

Phase 2 fix

Hi, I had 2a done August 2018 @ 52k miles. 2b happened September 2022 at 96k miles. I didn't think too deeply about any of this. I just did what the notifications told me, and fortunately I have a very reliable, trustworthy dealership that I'm dealing with (again Dirito Bros. I'm happy to...
  5. T

Phase 2 fix

2a was completed August of 2018 on my vehicle, at 52K miles.
  6. T

Phase 2 fix

I just had 2b done this week. GSW MK7 manual @ 96k miles. Received a letter from VW several weeks ago. Called the dealer (SF Bay Area) and they ordered the parts and said once they had everything they'd call to schedule me. That's exactly what happened. I notice that I'm posting this over a...
  7. T

Cheap Tool PRIMES MK7 FUEL SYSTEM [solution]!

I don’t know anything about mk6, but this tool is obdII with special VW features. I’m assuming it will do everything you need, but you can certainly buy and return it. I would contact the company via their site to make sure you get the most up to date software.
  8. T

That makes sense. For me $80 was well worth it for a tool that can do everything I need, and maybe work for all other modern vehicles down the road. It can live in my car, and I don’t want the added expense of buying something that runs Windows.
  9. T

I finally found a solution! After trying a few of the tools I've seen recommended without success, I am very happy to report that the AUTOPHIX 7610 (bought on Amazon a week ago) is cheap and (among many other functions) it does the one most important thing I needed (and that many of you seem to...
  10. T

Anyone else happy with dieselgate?

Happy 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI S MT Purchased new 30 days before scandal announcement. I have one of the best <$30k cars ever made. I got 1/3 of the total price refunded. Now I have 50,000 miles on the car, and I would still choose it over any other. It is cleaner and less trouble for the...
  11. T

Appointment set for my 2.0L TDI Engine (GEN 3) Emissions Control Software - Stg 1 Mod

Got my 2015 GSW M6 done a week ago. I DO notice slightly less turbo lag off the line. Mine seemed to go into regen at some point daily, regardless of miles driven, for the first 3 or 4 days. I believe I had plenty of time on the road for the cycle to complete, so maybe this is a difference...
  12. T

It's (semi) Official. 2015 owners get the shaft

I don't think you are deliberately being sarcastic, but that's like saying, "What do you mean you don't know how old you'll be when you die? That's an easy one, just take the year you were born and subtract it from the year you're going to die. The result should be pretty accurate." I meant...
  13. T

I plan to shut up now, but you are making very good, clear points here. I agree that it's difficult to imagine a just reason why the 2015 values would be calculated differently. They may be the easiest to fix, and I can understand why VW would ideally want ALL compliant vehicles to remain on...
  14. T

I think people are viewing this situation in very different ways. Some seem to be emotional and feel let down by VW. I feel like I got the car I wanted. I agree with you that for all practical purposes, hopefully the only difference down the road will be $7000 in my pocket. The emissions...
  15. T

For the record, I certainly don't disagree with your concerns about the buyback calculations. I guess in my meandering rant I neglected to mention that I personally think the buyback offer is not that bad for 2015s, but relative to past model offers it's not the jackpot that some people...