Recent content by treeedweller

1. T

fuse box diagram?

I found wires that were cut (presumably either by the wreck or after a fire/short that the wreck created) and respliced in a most half-assed way, so bracing myself to explore this mess. I found one horn wire had not been crimped well at the splice and pulled loose. When I put it back together I...
  2. T

Clockspring compatible?

I finally broke down and investigated under the car. Found the bundle of wires along the passenger fender has been cut and spliced back together. So now I’m doing my best to decipher wiring diagrams from Haynes gasser manual and hoping they aren’t significantly different from my TDI. ☹ I’m...
  3. T

***MkVI Jetta Sedan Specific DIY/FAQ/HOW-TOs Smorgasbord***

This link does not work. Does anyone have a functional link for a fuse diagram (2012 Jetta tdi)
  4. T

fuse box diagram?

I'm baffled that it's so hard to find a diagram of the fuse box. I saw a link in this thread but the server was not found. I see multiple places in google image search that show the horn relay as fuse 52 under the dash. My car has no fuse in that slot, but I saw a photo of another person's car...
  5. T

Ignition switch plug with no outlet?

I took apart my steering column trying to figure out why my horn won't work on this 2012 jetta TDI. [Swapped out the clockspring but it didn't help. That's another thread/another story.] While in the column, I noticed a loose pigtail that wasn't plugged in. It comes out of the little white J...
  6. T

Clockspring compatible?

Thanks, I started a thread at the Ross tech site to try and figure out diagnostics.
  7. T

Clockspring compatible?

This 2012 Jetta I bought recently—horn won’t work, high beams won’t work. Cruise control works fine. I’ve done some reading and I think it’s the Clockspring? Car had previously been wrecked at front end. I assume airbag deployed, no way to confirm. Does this sound like I’ve diagnosed correctly...
  8. T

Intermittent start problem

Well, I figured out if I push down a little on the key as I turn it it starts consistently 🫤. I guess that means ignition switch?
  9. T

Yes, it is TDI, and yes, the glow plug light goes out before attempting start.
  10. T

New-to-me 2012 Jetta. Turn key, dashboard activates. Turn to start, accessories off as expected but no starter. After a few turns (sometimes first try, sometimes 2 or more) it eventually cranks strong and turns over. Battery tests good. Ignition switch? Other ideas? TIA, K