Recent content by Trbogolf

1. T

Bike Rack

I have a set for sale http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=383473 I have a few pictures on my phone I can email if you'd like to see them
  2. T

Yakima Whispbars

FS: Yakima Whispbars S-53 I'm selling a set of Whispbars. They're the S53's that fit the 2009 up Jetta sportwagen. I know they fit the Acura TSX wagon as well as others. They were test fit on the car before I sold it last summer. Trying to clear out some items from the house. I'm asking 270...
  3. T

2012 Audi A4

I think it's only the base FWD version that has the CVT. Quattro models have S-tronic
  4. T

When do we get a new TDI? 2013?

Rumor for the Jsw is sometime in CY2013. Don't know the accuracy of that though.
  5. T

We just picked up our Sportwagon TDI Today and I just read about the HPFP issue now

I'm in no way saying this isn't a problem. I just think it gets blown out of proportion. Maybe I'll think differently if it happens to me but so far I had 50K on my 09 without a single dealer visit. Not to mention the 5 VW's I owned prior that never saw a dealer except for maintenance and...
  6. T

We just picked up our Sportwagon TDI Today and I just read about the HPFP issue now

Isn't it the same thing that happens on every board..... A few people with a problem creates conversation. A few more show up and suddenly it's an epidemic. Several that don't own the "product" fan the flames cause the old version they have is that much better. A few trolls that just want to...
  7. T

Anyone using this additive?

I'm using Stanadyne Performance formula. Used it on my 2009 for 45000 miles and plan to continue using it on my 2012.
  8. T

Anyone compare TSX wagon W/ JSW?

True. That does seem to be a big deal.
  9. T

Anyone compare TSX wagon W/ JSW?

just wondering your thoughts of the TSX. I've looked at both recently and I'm torn between getting a new jetta SW or one of these. I see so many good thing with both but bad things on the flip side. Curious if anyone had some insight, possibly something i missed when looking them over. I...
  10. T

Chime in if you think the new Passat is a snoozer.....

I think that statement should be revised to "in 10 minutes". The Sonata is just plain ugly. I'd take the Kia Optima before the Hyundai. As for the Passat, I'm still on the fence. But to be honest I haven't had a chance to really look at one yet. Saw one from a distance but didn't have time...
  11. T

Filling up and venting?

I understand the reasoning for arguments about it. I used to argue the point myself. I just realized one day I was wrong.:D I still like my DSG, but miss having a true manual.
  12. T

Filling up and venting?

Tomo, The DSG is rated lower on 11-12MY TDI's. 29/39 DSG vs 30/42 man. It's not that anyone here condemns the DSG without driving it. Most are simply able to acheive much higher fuel economy numbers with a manual. Just the nature of the beast, in this case the beast being the much more...
  13. T

Road trip in my 2011 JSW

It won't hurt the car one bit. The only thing lacking will be fuel mileage. Hope you had a good time in Gatlinburg. My wife and I made the same trip a couple weeks ago to do some hiking up to Mt. leconte. only wish we could have waited til this weekend when the leaves were in full change.
  14. T

Volvo Diesel Plug-In Hybrid Next Year

Too bad we don't get it in the US. We may get a petrol version instead.
  15. T

GLI swap

Give this link a try. There's several DIY's for lighting on the page http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?2374154#post25894709