Recent content by Trail Mutant

1. 04 Jetta TDI BEW Pic A.jpg

04 Jetta TDI BEW Pic A.jpg

Replacing solenoids. It was just easier to take off the front end!!
  2. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

PUT A PIC ON MOUNTAIN/SOUTHWEST STATES OF THE READOUT.
  3. VCDS PRINTOUT.jpg

VCDS PRINTOUT.jpg

04 JETTA TDI 1.9L
  4. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

Scanned the printout, but don't know how to attach. I can email it to you?
  5. Trail Mutant

Scanner

Just curious if anyone has purchased the XTool D7 and what has been their experience?
  6. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

And fixed the ABS light by completing the wiring circuit. I don't use the pads that you plug into this sensor. Light is now out.
  7. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

Had it scanned my a VCDS and there were two codes: 00351 intermediate shaft speed sensor (G265) and PO341 - camshaft position sensor (G40) Also had to take off the crankshaft position sensor as clip crumbled in my hand. The two external sensors I can change. The crankshaft sensor uses a 12 point...
  8. Trail Mutant

(CEL) Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor (P0791) Help

I went to a local shop that had a VCDS and the scan came up with two things. 1st 00351 intermediate shaft speed sensor (G265). Is this inside the bell housing? I thought it was under the engine mount. 2nd was 16725 - camshaft position sensor (G40). I've seen a good video on changing that. If I...
  9. Trail Mutant

2005 Golf 09A - What should be replaced when the transmission is removed?

I would like to step into this conversation. Have an 04 TDI with 280,000 miles and started to lose gears so replaced all 9 sensors. Car runs much better, but have 00351 code for an intermediate shaft speed sensor (G265). If I am reading this post correctly it is inside the transmission? I...
  10. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

So are you talking about a VCDS? Had two codes. PO791 which is a faulty power train control module and 00351 which is the intermediate shaft speed sensor A which commented that it had a sporadic or no signal. It has two speed sensors and not sure which one is "A". I know they are a pain to get...
  11. Trail Mutant

(CEL) Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor (P0791) Help

CAFROG: Did you ever get that intermediate shaft speed sensor fixed? And where was it located if you did so? Thanks
  12. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

Do you have any more thoughts on my first response?
  13. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

One code was P0351 which is the intermediate shaft speed sensor A, and I believe this is behind the oil filter. Cleared codes and re-drove the car. Another code popped up, P0791 which says there is a faulty power train control module. Nothing about wheel sensors. I really need to find someone...
  14. Trail Mutant

ABS Light Stays On

Malfunction Indicator Light stay on. Has this been discussed before? Fuses are okay. Not crazy about just replacing the Hydraulic Pump. 2004 Jetta TDI 280,000 miles.
  15. Trail Mutant

Which TDI discussion area do I go to as don't see a listing for an 04 Jetta TDI?

Which TDI discussion area do I go to as don't see a listing for an 04 Jetta TDI?