Recent content by towforce

1. towforce

Mk4 Stock Wagon Lift Spacer?.....

Came across the "Red Neck Lift"...... Love it.... Martin
  2. towforce

Front Brake Knuckle Wear....thoughts?

Captured this image of the wear on the brake mounts, probably nothing compared to the rust belt guys but it was enough to cause some pretty uneven brake wear. Maybe a touch with a grinder would have done the trick but lacking any sort of min/max spec on the clearance I went with the replacement...
  3. Wear.jpg

Wear.jpg

Knuckle
  4. towforce

The graphic in the manual suggests way more than little 10mm shims.... I was just curious as to if anyone ever had the pleasure of seeing the actual option, likely never a dealer option in N. America. (the curiosity extends to just wanting to know the dimension of this factory optioned part) I...
  5. towforce

Many thousands of KM's back I did a lift on my Wagon, front and rear. Several variants, started off with the 1", mucked with various springs and eventually settled some VR6 fronts with 2" spacer, towing springs with 1" EVO lift on the rear. Always felt I was pushing the limits but was always...
  6. My Stuff

My Stuff

Web Photos
  7. 20231201_172238.jpg

20231201_172238.jpg

Strut Spacer
  8. towforce

Front Brake Knuckle Wear....thoughts?

Job done!.... thought I would mention my impression of the AutoShack stuff from Amazon: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B09MGFFMP6/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1CUTO4QDLINQH&psc=1 Free shipping, showed up way ahead of suggested date, looking all shinny and new. Since I have a bit of...
  9. towforce

Body panels... (Partify)

Ok, from the Canadian side of the border I can report back the overall experience with "Partify" was pretty good. The fender showed up in a massive refrigerator sized box (amazed that shipping rate was as low as it was...)... It fit, only needed a little tap her and there... (I'm no body guy and...
  10. Body Stuff

Body Stuff

Body Stuff
  11. Rust never sleeps.jpg

Rust never sleeps.jpg

Rust
  12. New Fender.jpg

New Fender.jpg

13. towforce

Bilstein HD rear shocks - wagon?

I'm not the kind of driver that would really know one shock from another ;-) (performance wise).... when your running a 2" net lift your likely not making the engineers happy.... that said, people seem pretty happy with the Bilstein's, My supplier has me sorted, when I get the new shocks I will...
  14. towforce

Bilstein HD rear shocks - wagon?

Order a set Bilstein shocks from my favorite supplier, didn't pay much attention to asking for the Wagon version tho I thought I had, regardless... ended up with a set of sedan rears. Went to put them in and "what the heck?" ;-) I've hear mention of the Bilstein's wagon version only being...
  15. Bilstein Shock.png

Bilstein Shock.png

Wagon Rear Shock