Recent content by tothemax

1. tothemax

Request for recommendations for competent Garrett rebuild shop for a 1722

Nevada_TDI Thank you for the detailed info on TLA. This is exactly what I was looking for. The one I am considering rebuilding is around 13 years old w/ +- 240,000 miles on it. It came from TDI parts at the time, now IDParts and has always performed very well. Lately the vane mechanism...
  2. tothemax

Request for recommendations for competent Garrett rebuild shop for a 1722

Please does anyone have recommendations for competent trustworthy Garrett rebuild shop for rebuilding a 1722? Mine very old and the vane mechanism does not work well anymore... no major failures on it but needs a rebuild for sure... I wish Garrett still made the 1722
  3. tothemax

RTDI Part 2

An amazing build, car and thread Thank you for sharing your adventure and learnings with us... Reminds me of my own TDI misfortunes and previous adventures My poor golf got: initial TB failure and dropped valve too.... new ALH head.... new pistons ... and lower end rebuilt then swap...
  4. tothemax

GotTuned turbo and injector review?

Any more performance updates on the GTD1756VRK ?
  5. tothemax

Any suggestion on a plug play turbo 1.9 alh

hey Robert, Does the TIP fit the same into this without any special reducing adapter connector ? What diameter silicon elbow did you use to tie on the turbo pressure outlet to the Pancake pipe? I am considering the GTD1752VKR for my Jetta to replace the 1722 which is giving up the ghost...
  6. tothemax

Online CNC Machining Recommendation?

Anxious to see how these will fit and attach inside the reflectors. You may have a great invention there to mitigate all the drama associated with the four bolt method/ leveling / epoxying
  7. tothemax

Golf MKIV Smyth Ute Project

This is such a cool project.. have dreamed of a TDI pick up for a long time .. congrats !
  8. tothemax

Online CNC Machining Recommendation?

Here is a goofy idea for you to consider... Have you considered someone to 3D print these for you instead of CNC? If yes, pls PM me and I will email you a friend who is big into 3D printing. If you email him the file he can whip you up a couple Also am super interested your Golf retrofit...
  9. tothemax

Please Any Feedback on Morimoto H7 LED bulbs in OEM housings

Apologies for the confusion... was looking for all plug and play options for better light output in my OEM e-codes for my 03 golf.. Many have been using the Morimoto LEDs in the OEM housings with proper adjustments, it does not blind other drivers.. was asking for feedback to see if anyone here...
  10. tothemax

Link fixed... Thank you for all the informative and helpful responses ... seem to struggle finding good options to retrofit both my MKIV Golf The Morimoto Mini H1 projectors seem a tad too long to fit in the housings of both... definitely some dremeling or grinding of material needed to...
  11. tothemax

I am thinking of trying the Morimoto H7 LED bulbs in OEM 2003 Golf OEM headlights with regular reflectors. Looking improved light output not blind anyone. The person at TRS said I would not blind anyone if my reflectors are adjusted correctly. I have done a couple retrofits with Morimoto Mini...
  12. tothemax

Pls where's the best place to get ARP studs for an ARL?

Pls where's the best place to get ARP studs for an ARL? Am on the west coast SF Bay area. Hoping to find some for a decent price. Tnx
  13. tothemax

Goodbye GTI hello Q5 TDI

Let's put them to the test and bring someone to video it :D Do they still have Wednesday night drag races at sears point?
  14. tothemax

Bay Area interior lining restoration?

Yes some use car upholsterers for this... but I have not found a good one I trust... or have had luck with
  15. tothemax

Bay Area Meetups?

Speak for yourself Robert...:D I observed that the dwindling Bay Area TDI spirit and non-existent GTGs may have also coincided with the start of on line dating extravaganzas by some members of this forum... I know at least one person who used to be very active in the local TDI community but...