Recent content by TornadoRed

1. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

I don't even know why I asked him about it in the first place. I have all the TDIs I need. I guess I was just curious -- it looked good in the photos and it was local to the Twin Cities. The last time I communicated with the guy I told him that I hope it goes to a good home.
  2. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

He says, " It’s got 156k miles. Originally got it at 144k miles. I have the carfax info of its updates" Edit: The video he sent showed the odometer at 148,593, so about 6000 less than what he says it has now. Also, it has the EGR deleted, but no CEL so it's got a tune of some unknown variety --...
  3. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

Despite telling him twice that I was no longer interested, he's sent me more photos and some videos. The engine sounds okay and the exterior has less rust than most Mk4s in Minnesota. Earlier he'd sent me a screenshot of VCDS showing a number of faults, but nothing seemed too serious. It runs...
  4. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

And now he’s offered it to me for $900, after I made it clear that I was not interested. So an eager seller. He's got it listed twice. Here's the other listing: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/378285856905815
  5. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

No, it's this one. His new ad has the price lowered to $2400, but it's not a good deal at that price. He actually did offer it to me for $1200, but I'd already decided I wasn't interested. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/736370270285265/
  6. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

He seems pretty desperate to sell. Advertised for $3300, but offered it to me for $1200. It’s probably worth that just for the parts.
  7. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

2002 Volkswagen Golf · GLS TDI Hatchback 4D For some reason I thought it had a manual transmission, but it does not. So that’s an issue. It’s on Facebook marketplace.
  8. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

I've just been chatting on Messenger with a guy in Maple Grove with a 2002 Golf TDI, Tornado Red 4-door. It needs a little work and probably due for a timing belt, but the price is low. I really cannot justify another ALH TDI at this time, and would have nowhere to park it if I bought it. So is...
  9. TornadoRed

Sound Off on Current Diesel Price

WTI crude is up about $5 in the last week, and ULSD futures are up about 18 cents/gallon. So if you find a low-priced station do not hesitate to fill up, even if you don't really need to. It's not going to get cheaper, anytime soon.
  10. TornadoRed

WTB ALH Jetta/Golf 5spd

You might contact Richard Middleton aka CoolAirVW. He's a great TDI mechanic in the Kansas City, MO, area and sometimes fixes up something he already has if he gets a buyer, or maybe one of his customers is looking to sell. Let him know what you're looking for. Just highlight his username and...
  11. TornadoRed

1996 Passat wagon for sale

Potential buyers will want to see photos. Lots of photos, inside and out and under the hood.
  12. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

Actually, there is, and I'm glad you brought it up. "$10 Visa Prepaid card with original register receipt(s) showing proof of purchase of one (1) 1-gallon jug of Mobil Delvac 1™ ESP heavy-duty diesel engine oil. Limit two (2) Mobil Delvac 1 ESP 1-gallon jug rebates per household." (Offer valid...
  13. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

I'm waiting for FF's next sale on Delvac1. And the next Delvac1 rebate offer. I'm running low.
  14. TornadoRed

MN Chat Thread

For ALH and PD owners: Fleet Farm has a deal on Rotella T6: 1) 1-gallon jugs for $22.99 and a $7 mail-in rebate = $15.99 final price ($4/quart) 2) 2.5-gallon jugs for $50.49 and a $17.50 mail-in rebate = $32.99 final price ($3.30/quart) Prices good through October 24th.
  15. TornadoRed

Disaster averted!

INA pulleys, Litens tensioner. Conti, Gates, or Dayco TB. Accept no substitutes.