TornadoRed's latest activity

• TornadoRed
    TornadoRed reacted to NewTdi's post in the thread Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI? with Like Like.
    I still love my car after all these years. Just drove 8000 miles in the past 6 weeks. Best tank 54mpg coming back from Phoenix...
  • TornadoRed
    TornadoRed reacted to jmodge's post in the thread Why do You Still Have Your MK4 TDI? with Like Like.
    I've owned a lot of cars, these are definitely the most efficient of the bunch. With the underbody coating and anodized hardware...
  • TornadoRed
    I bought my 2000 NB 1.9 auto new on January, 6th 2000. It currently has 156,650 miles on it. My wife drove it until 2012 when I took it...
  • TornadoRed
    TornadoRed replied to the thread MN Chat Thread.
    I don't even know why I asked him about it in the first place. I have all the TDIs I need. I guess I was just curious -- it looked good...
  • TornadoRed
    He says, " It’s got 156k miles. Originally got it at 144k miles. I have the carfax info of its updates" Edit: The video he sent showed...
  • TornadoRed
    Despite telling him twice that I was no longer interested, he's sent me more photos and some videos. The engine sounds okay and the...
  • TornadoRed
    And now he’s offered it to me for $900, after I made it clear that I was not interested. So an eager seller. He's got it listed twice...
  • TornadoRed
    No, it's this one. His new ad has the price lowered to $2400, but it's not a good deal at that price. He actually did offer it to me for...
  • TornadoRed
    He seems pretty desperate to sell. Advertised for $3300, but offered it to me for $1200. It’s probably worth that just for the parts.
  • TornadoRed
    2002 Volkswagen Golf · GLS TDI Hatchback 4D For some reason I thought it had a manual transmission, but it does not. So that’s an...
  • TornadoRed
    I've just been chatting on Messenger with a guy in Maple Grove with a 2002 Golf TDI, Tornado Red 4-door. It needs a little work and...
  • TornadoRed
    Your name and PO box is visible on one of the reports. Might want to edit that out in MS paint. These engines shed iron. I had a...
  • TornadoRed
    WTI crude is up about $5 in the last week, and ULSD futures are up about 18 cents/gallon. So if you find a low-priced station do not...
  • TornadoRed
    TornadoRed reacted to rwthomas1's post in the thread 2002 Jetta End of Life? with Like Like.
    I'm not following any of the "touchy/feely" stuff. These things are machines. That's all, love has nothing to do with it. Maintenance...
  • TornadoRed
    TornadoRed reacted to rwthomas1's post in the thread 2002 Jetta End of Life? with Sad Sad.
    So you "love your TDI" but fail to have the timing belt replaced at the correct interval? The single most critical item on these...