Recent content by TomB

1. T

2015 Gen 3 Fix Phase 2

Wow! I am kind of glad I did the trade-in. All this work disturbing so many components to do the fix would have drove me insane knowing it. Any failures of other stuff would have been suspect. I took the money, put 50% down on an Audi S3 Prestige Quattro and my payments are less than my 2015 A3...
  2. T

Audi A3 VCDS - Tricks and Treats

http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/index.php Look for information here.
  3. T

Kerosene that is 4 years old, is it still good ?

LOL! Skip it.... save your TDI.
  4. T

For all the clowns saying that there wouldn't be a fix

Terry, don't be a jerk. Some of us have owned VW diesels and have been SHAFTED by VW several times. 2000 Jetta window failures, PD engine balance shaft failures and cam failures, HPFP failures, turbo fails, all kinds and in most cases we were left holding the bag. Calling it whining is just...
  5. T

Germany import 2 door A3 8V 1.6 TDI

LOL! You assume logic applies. It is about business and taxes. :) As to all those dirty cars, the TDI's even with the 'cheat' is far cleaner than the F350 and Ram Trucks on the road, yet they get to dump that amount and here we are giving up our TDI's.... Again, no logic, just rules...
  6. T

Germany import 2 door A3 8V 1.6 TDI

Guy, the 1.6l was indeed impacted. It was fixed in Europe. Since the car with the 1.6 was never sold in the USA, the engine was not included in the court case. If you did not do the Europe fix, you might get caught for it. Gray market imports like yours can be tricky. You may have...
  7. T

Slow payments from Audi Credit?

I am owed money back after the Audi loan payoff. They estimated back at filing time and do not repull the loan payoff at turn in. I turned the car in and got the distribution amount (minus the estimated Audi loan payoff from January) fast. The loan shows paid off with credit owed. 16 days...
  8. T

2012 passat tdi sel prem:hard start,,,cranks 8-10 sec, push off, push, start ~8 sec

Battery? Just before my battery died, I was getting hard starts, wierd activity some times while driving. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  9. T

Should I buy extended warranty 2015 Passat

You buy the warranty 6 months or about 5,000 miles BEFORE the factory warranty ends. Never buy when a new car. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  10. T

Should I buy extended warranty 2015 Passat

Yes! Buy the platinum warranty that list what is NOT covered and that list is small. You get a pro-rated refund too on the warranty if you don't keep it the whole life of the plan. For about $3000 you get the security of VW dealer repairs paid except for either a $50 or $100 deductible. With...
  11. T

A3 TDI's released?

We are talking about A3 TDIs... are you the moderator? Well back to cricket chirps. I can take my experience elsewhere.... Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  12. T

A3 TDI's released?

Where is edit on taptalk!! Lol. I hit enter too fast. Having had 6 TDIs since 2000 and having dealt with all the issues, stupid decisions, and other VW screw up, I definitely appreciate the TDIs. Yet, because of this experience, I am willing to speak the truth about the current US and Mexico...
  13. T

A3 TDI's released?

The court settlement required fix or DESTRUCTION. They cannot be sold offshore. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  14. T

A3 TDI's released?

Because we talk truth here. Enthusiasts can talk realistically. Do we swear an oath of blind allegiance for loving TDI? Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
  15. T

A3 TDI's released?

No. A3 TDI is a four door sedan. Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk