Recent content by ToeBall

1. T

GTI to GTD Grille Conversion

The upper grill is a GTD grill. A friend from Wolfsberg shipped it to me. The lower is just a Golf Highline grill. The real GTD uses a GTI bumper assembly.
  2. T

GTI front-end swap underway

It's just bolt on for a Golf. Nothing special needed. You may want to get the GTD grill though.
  3. T

Koni Coilovers installed

I'm around 60k and yeah, the front coils are just about worthless at this point. Also the passenger side shock had the swaybar bracket rip off (inadequate weld penetration from the looks of it) and puncture the tire. I've got most of my parts for the air suspension already and will be replacing...
  4. T

Any mk6 TDI owners give up on 510?

Their prices are pretty comparable to others I've seen online but their shipping is crazy high.
  5. T

2012 JSW Bi-xenon + LED coding help

Your software is version 64, you need at least 575 for the LEDs, and will want 615 for flash to pass. Sorry.
  6. T

Golf R on order

Different application. The R's a fun car but not really great as a daily. The TDI is much more practical for that. Besides, my R spends a fair bit of time disassembled... _MG_7768 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr
  7. T

140hp 2.0 CR TDI vs. 170hp 2.0 CR TDI (engine spec differences)

I did not say that, I said they were very close. If you're not planning on doing a DPF delete and all kinds of other mods, going Stage 1 should not make you feel bad. We all drive manual trans cars so no DSG upgrades available...
  8. T

For Those Who Have Installed DG Sigma 6

The Mk5 6-speed and TT Mk2 6-speed both use the 02M/Q shifter and bracketry like our cars. Like I said, $30 isn't a whole lot of risk.
  9. T

Off-Road Racing Oil

It's light enough that I don't give up to much mileage but it provides better lubricity than just about everything else on the market. The additives package in TDT and a few other Diesel oils doesn't have to meet the same emissions requirements as gasoline engine oils. I know quite a few...
  10. T

Porsche Cayenne 6 Piston Caliper

I payed less than that for my STaSIS 370 Mono4 front brakes for my R... More parts for the R by Toe_Ball, on Flickr
  11. T

I ordered a set of these http://store.forcefedengineering.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FFE_PE_SHIFT to see if it really cuts down shifter slop. I figured $30 is worth the risk.
  12. T

I replaced the R shifter in my R with a Sigma 6, just like in my JSW... _MG_1310 by Toe_Ball, on Flickr
  13. T

Off-Road Racing Oil

I've been using Mobil 1 TDT in mine.