Recent content by tobianogreg

1. T

Dieselgate, The Canadian Edition

We’re down in Los Cabos. Audi has these cute little Q3 TDI’s w/2ltr. How can I smuggle one back to Canada? Change the badging? :)
  2. T

There’s quite a few “new” 16 TDI Q5’s hitting dealers’ lots lately, at least here in BC. Beautiful machines and I’m tempted. I also see the Skyactiv D also achieved CARB approval, EPA next, meaning that Mazda should have a diesel CX5 sometime this year. What to do? Any advice? Pros: Q5= 4...
  3. T

Stop me if you’ve heard this before... SkyActive-D sometime this year. https://www.mazda.ca/en/vehicles/2018-cx-5-diesel/kmi/
  4. T

If no Mazda SkyActiv-D then how about SkyActiv-X? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yNSxow3W7ek
  5. T

Wow, drive it off the lot lose $15,000 according to CBB. What a deal.
  6. T

“New” 2016 Audi Q5 TDI. Don’t much like the interior colour.
  7. T

Thinking the chances of a diesel CX5 release grow ever dimmer. Ford diesel trucks sued over emissions.
  8. T

Considering that the fed govt refused to stand up for 105,000 citizens, I feel I/we have a right to the associated gst/hst on returns. Morally, does the govt deserve to keep this money?
  9. T

Anyone else tried to wade thru applying for a remission order yet? (In order to obtain a refund from the feds.) Tax lawyer recommended.
  10. T

PM sent Joe. Good luck!
  11. T

Tried a Rav 4 Zzzz. Haven’t heard a peep about the CX 5 diesel. How come we’re not looking at the 1.6 Equinox?
  12. T

Make another claim. Explain what happened, how much you received in tax refund and provide all supporting info like a copy of the VW cheque stub. If you’re young enough you might see a resolution. Sounds like you got less than half of what you should have received.
  13. T

If my memory is correct, I claimed 7% of the refund I received from VW excluding the restitution payment. They agreed.
  14. T

About those Canadian fixes, approved by government or not? Probably doesn't matter much because by the time our government gets around to doing something, these vehicles will have long ago died a natural (or hpfp-induced) death...