Recent content by TNTTDIJETTA

1. T

Cheaper Delete options

I wonder if there is room on this thing to cut two flanges into the filter for a more bolt on bolt off accessibility? That could change the nature of the beast a bit also. kind of find it strange too that older cars (still a ton of them on the road) aren’t a concern for the epa and dpf...
  2. T

Cheaper Delete options

Well apparently the authorities are monitoring this site because of dieselgate or whatever it’s known as. You are correct to an extent about my knowledge of the system before vehicle purchase. Basically I knew diesel emissions sucked and were really not all that great for longevity on a lot of...
  3. T

Cheaper Delete options

See I don’t consider a $5000 car cheap. I have had $500 cars. Those are cheap cars. Buy the maintenance??? That just sounds... well I won’t say it for fear of being reported. You keep comparing this car to its NEW price. It’s not a $30,000 car anymore. So to pay almost the buying price of the...
  4. T

Cheaper Delete options

didn’t really know it was against the rules. I’ll quit posting about it and just build it. Sorry I bothered your forum. See I’m also a member of the corvette community. We tend to help each other and find ways to fix things reasonably and so they work and won’t break again. Installing a new dpf...
  5. T

Cheaper Delete options

I bought this car cus it seemed like it would be a good work car to keep miles of my truck and my vette. Paid $5k with 120,000. Now out of the blue 15,000 later all in 15 min I get a check engine light, flashing glow plug and a dpf filter all within 10 min.then find out that 4 ft of exhaust pipe...
  6. T

Cheaper Delete options

He’s right
  7. T

Cheaper Delete options

What language is not appropriate? I don’t see any curse words?
  8. T

Cheaper Delete options

So because my car needs a dpf pipe replacement I should have bought a Toyota? thanks BOB
  9. T

Cheaper Delete options

Hey thank you for the useful information. I ordered some stainless fittings and I’m gonna build my own but that is a much more reasonable price for 3 or 4 feet of pipe.
  10. T

Cheaper Delete options

We don’t even have emissions or inspection here in Ohio
  11. T

Cheaper Delete options

$23000???? It’s a 10 year old car. These things are for sale all over Ohio for 5K they aren’t $ 23000 cars anymore bud. They are $5000 cars not $23,000. It’s just a used car at this point. To pay $2000 to delete a 5000 car is silly. So I ordered the fittings to make the part. It’ll take a couple...
  12. T

Cheaper Delete options

10 year old car.
  13. T

Cheaper Delete options

Also you’ll find many union trades making that kind of money and you are right it has a lot to do with our BALLS. Elevate yourself. Work and build union.
  14. T

Cheaper Delete options

No not at all actually? Also I’ve got 20 years in the trade and been on a few jobs making that or more never heard of anyone call anything a “connection.” Takes me 3 days to earn roughly $800. And they want to charge that for something that can be made in a couple hours? And I’m making it from...