Recent content by TN2002tdi

1. TN2002tdi

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

Didn't have any problems with the kit I ordered. http://www.expressoemparts.com/oe-volkswagen/7l6198970a
  2. TN2002tdi

How to: Replacing the Adblue Heater & Temp Sensor Module

I'm I got the CEL at 87K. The dealer quoted me $1,100+. I paid them for the diagnostic and declined the repair. I was thinking about bypassing the sensor but I found a replacement kit (7L6-198-970a) at expressoemparts.com for $211.79 last week...
  3. TN2002tdi

FS:2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-sp for rebuild or parts

Sold- I was told the car would be parted out for a 5-sp. swap and the engine would be used in another vehicle. I was glad the parts would be used to keep more ALH's on the road. They are awesome cars and mine served my family well for a long time.
  4. TN2002tdi

Just wanted everyone to know that I also have a new OEM glove box door ($185) and chrome e-brake button ($15) that I have not yet installed in the car that will be included with the car. Thanks
  5. TN2002tdi

I have taken many high resolution photos. If anyone would like to see them, just give an email address by PM. If you want to see a close-up of anything in particular let me know.
  6. TN2002tdi

This car is still available. I've had many inquiries for parts but I would prefer to sell the whole car if I can by local pick-up. With my current work schedule I barely have enough time to sleep much less disassemble a car. If it does not sell by 12/15 I will part it out when I do get time and...
  7. TN2002tdi

FS: 2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-sp for rebuild- TN 37645 THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN SOLD 2002 Jetta GLS TDI- Cool White with Beige Leather. Sadly, the time has come for me to part with my beloved ALH. It fell victim to black ice last week. The car currently has 250k miles on it. I am the original owner...
  8. TN2002tdi

Project Kill Da Auto Wabbit!, Or how I learned to love the Manual Swap

I adjusted the linkage with good results. I first tried the Bentley procedure but it made the problem worse. I then just locked the adjusters back on the linkage cables, pulled the shifter back to where 2nd gear should be and then released the adjusters forward. Works perfect!
  9. TN2002tdi

Thanks Losha! I looked at the Bentley and it looks like a simple procedure. I'll give it a try.
  10. TN2002tdi

"Turbinewhine" did my swap last week and I am extremely pleased. Special thanks to "Jimbote" for providing last minute wiring advice. I would recommend either of them to anyone wanting to do this procedure in NC or surrounding area. I have only had one issue develop since the swap. The...
  11. TN2002tdi

I'm starting my swap next weekend and I think I have all of the parts with the exception of the metal flange/ gasket that goes between the engine and trans. Does any one have a spare one they would like to sell or maybe trade? I ended up with a few spares while junkyard digging.
  12. TN2002tdi

The part # for this product is: D176404A2 http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=2340
  13. TN2002tdi

Thanks for your advice guys. Would you happen to have a part # for white seal "pookie"? Is this white lithium grease? I found some good axle rebuild kits that I am going to buy for piece of mind. The outer CV joints feel good, but I don't want to have to worry about it in the future. They...
  14. TN2002tdi

I've got most of my parts for the swap, but I've a got a few questions. 1. Has it been determined that both protective tins for the manual cars are required or can one or both of the tins on the auto trans cars be used with equal results? It looks like I can get both from IMPEX for about $30...
  15. TN2002tdi

Thanks Jimbote. I met "VAtechtdi" last weekend at the Asheville GTG last weekend and he seemed very pleased with the swap you did for him. He said you did it in 2 days and haven't had any problems.