Recent content by Tirefriar

1. Tirefriar

How do I replace rear center seat belt?

Installed the seat and anchored the belt. Had to give it several tugs, got it to work. Thank you all for great advice.
  2. Tirefriar

Thanks snakeye. This could save me more time and aggravation.
  3. Tirefriar

Resurecting the necro thread... I am in the process of swapping the interior ouf of a GTI. The center seat belt was missing from the GTI rear seat (or so I thought until I undid the upholstery). It was there but the seller probably did not know how to remove the seat belt and simply cut it. I...
  4. Tirefriar

Steering wheel repair?

Thanks for the pics. Good job on the stitching.
  5. Tirefriar

Steering wheel repair?

Zak, do you mind sharing pictures of your wrapped steering wheel? I’m looking to wrap my 4 spoke. Wrapped a steering wheel in my Bricknose F150 because it was on the thin side but end result was 50/50…
  6. Tirefriar

Egr blowing oil out the weep hole

there is a lot of talk about EGR removal on FB TDI forums. ASAIK it deleting EGR will not affect mileage and in my research it appears there are only positives to deleting the EGR such as cleaner intake, etc. I am considering deleting it, are there any drawbacks I should be aware of?
  7. Tirefriar

FOUND: ALH timing belt tool kit

Got one incoming. Thank you all.
  8. Tirefriar

FOUND: ALH timing belt tool kit

Anyone in San Fernando Valley/Conejo Valley/Ventura have a set gathering dust? text or call me 424.644.6161 thanks
  9. Tirefriar

WTB 3DR Door panels

local pick a part may be a good place to check
  10. Tirefriar

Injection pump leak

update - bosch kit arrived, tech followed AndyBees instructions including flow settings using VCDS and the hammer method. o-ring came out clean, didn't have to pull the pump completely apart. no leak so far, will need to test drive but so far so good. thank you Andy!
  11. Tirefriar

Injection pump leak

searched this forum https://forums.tdiclub.com/index.php?threads/alh-tdi-engine-transplant-into-84-vanagon.276798/page-26
  12. Tirefriar

Injection pump leak

Great call, thanks
  13. Tirefriar

Injection pump leak

It’s a head seal. Tech at my work will do the work, Bosch seal kit incoming today or tomorrow. He can do the timing belt but needs the tools to hold cam shaft and injector gear in place. I will do my research tonight and see if I can get him all the stuff in time. He’s done timing belt on a TDI...
  14. Tirefriar

Injection pump leak

My trusty 2003 tdi developed a fuel leak. The tech at the shop I work at pinpointed the leak to the injection pump. looking up this issue on the forum lead me to AndyBees great writeup. Question, does any portion of the labor involved in re-sealing the injector pump overlap with that...
  15. Tirefriar

//// Shine Racing / Up graded springs ////

thanks for the info. How would going to 16” wheel affect fuel mileage? Is it all about the rolling diameter?