Recent content by Tim Birney

1. Tim Birney

faulty lift jack provided by VW

Just exactly the setup I went with. I hope to never use it, but you don't know when you may have to use it.
  2. Tim Birney

Jetta TDI Flashing PRNDS Display

RossTech makes the VAG-COM Diagnostic Cable. You can get the setup with a USB connection, or with a Com Port connection for use with a laptop Computer. Once you purchase the Cable, updates to the Diagnostic software are FREE. www.ross-tech.com
  3. Tim Birney

Help! Electrical issues with my 06 Jetta

Many of the things that you noted could be related to the Wiring from the Driver's side door to the "car" itself. Known issues with this...
  4. Tim Birney

Cruise control not working, no light.

Similar, or the same post as on the VWVortex. Same answer from me... have the Dealership/Shop fix the issue.
  5. Tim Birney

Rear Running Light

Wiring issues, left side, may be your problem. You could have a wire loose in one of your connectors. Have you made any modifications to your Tail Lights, I.E. LED Tail Lights? I just re-read your post, and it seems the Left Side is failing Diagnostics, and showing your Fault...
  6. Tim Birney

activate both rear fogs

1.) you do not have 2 (two) Rear Fog Lights 2.) you can hay-bail a wire from the Driver's side Rear Fog Light to the "other" Rear Fog Light If you installed one. 3.) if you installed a second Rear Fog Light, get rid of it. 4.) The Rear Fog Light is for other cars behind you... it allows them to...
  7. Tim Birney

Can you remove A pillar airbags?

Definite YES! Screw your Vehicle over, under, sideways DOWN. Get your purse out to fix up your mess.
  8. Tim Birney

good dealers service experience

Ralph Thayer, Livonia, MI has always been good to me. I've been good to them also. I showed their Techs how cut the DSG Fluid change time in half, and I now get some preference in shop time, if I need it. ;)
  9. Tim Birney

List of side windows that will fit a 2004 Jetta?

2003, 2004, Early 2005 VWs (MKIV) will fit to your car. P.S. This the MKV Forum. Our windows will not fit to your car.
  10. Tim Birney

06 Jetta speedometer problem

2005.5/2006 Jetta. 75 MPH indicated is 72 MPH. 50 MPH indicated is 47 MPH. 40 MPH indicated is 37 MPH.
  11. Tim Birney

Pulled over 2x in a week speedo off

Get a newer Model GPS
  12. Tim Birney

Slowed my 2010 jetta tdi down to 65mph and millage skyrocketed

65 MPH (actual, or indicated?) 65 MPH in your 2010 will probably be 70-72 MPH.
  13. Tim Birney

DSG recall

2009-2010 Model years. Per the OP's Link.
  14. Tim Birney

Help bought an 06 TDI what now

1st step is to get an Owner's Manual. Follow all of the instructions on Miles, and Maintennance. Then DO IT! 2nd step is normal inspection of the Tires, Brakes, and all of the fluid levels, and possible Fluid replacements, including ALL FILTERS. 3rd Step (which is contrary to most folks on...
  15. Tim Birney

Glow Plug light flashing

Please have your car Scanned with a VAG-COM. See this link, and input your ZIP CODE to find an owner of a VAG-COM HEX-CAN-USB/-COM cable. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4991419-Vag-Com-Locator-searchable-map-style!-Owners-pm-me-your-info-requested-in-the-thread