Recent content by tikal

1. T

U.S. Comeback?

Excellent points! In the rest of our lifes we do not do "one size fits all". Same common sense applies here. I do not expect a "US comeback of new TDIs". I do expect TDI owners that are environmentally councious to make sure their fuel efficient vehicles operate safely as long as feasible...
  2. T

U.S. Comeback?

Diesel and electric transportation. Is there a 'fight' between them? Reality or our own false dichotomy?
  3. T

Exxon Synergy Diesel Efficient, marketing from Exxon?

Thanks for sharing your experience TurboDirectInject. Approximately how many times have you fueled with "Exxon Synergy Diesel Efficient" to arrive at your 7.5% gain estimate?
  4. T

2015 Passat sits too low w/ cargo carrier - what to do?

Indeed not. Based on the link I provided above(trailer.com), wouldn't 150 lbs be safe enough for the type of hitch and cargo carrier I have in the photo in my first post? The actual cargo carrier is of aluminum.
  5. T

2015 Passat: Right front ABS speed sensor + other codes

Yes, thank you. Waiting for the ABS speed sensor to come from IDParts.
  6. T

2015 Passat: Air bag light comes and goes and so does the cruise control does not work/works

Thanks for the feedback. I did look underneath the driver's seat and I could count up to six electric connectors between the seat and the rest of the vehicle. I did a visual inspection and I did not see anything loose that I could 'fix'. I decided to leave it as such and first resolve the other...
  7. T

Yes, we will eventually research those too. So Brian, if I would upgrade also my shocks/struts at the same type to install the air spring helpers, what would you recommend? Right now IDParts has a sale on Koni, but it I am open to other brands too.
  8. T

Thank you 740GLE for your feedback. I will research the airlift helper bags. Have you used them personally? The Curt hitch I have has a tongue weight limit of 200 lbs. (https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Hitch/Volkswagen/Passat/2015/C11234.html?VehicleID=201519521). I estimate our loads will be...
  9. T

Options to raise the Passat or reinforce the shocks with a cargo carrier of around 150 to 200 lbs fully loaded in the trunk and four people riding: Something moderate so we do not bottom up so much like we did on our last camping trip.
  10. T

2015 Passat: Right front ABS speed sensor + other codes

Folks: A few more lights have shown up on the dashboard and yesterday my local mechanic said that, the one he is more sure to remove/replace, is the right front ABS speed sensor (codes 00285-012 and 00285-003): Here is the right part # WHT003856, correct...
  11. T

2015 Passat: Air bag light comes and goes and so does the cruise control does not work/works

Hello again and thanks for the additional responses. So besides visually inspecting/adjusting the connections of the driver's seat, are we talking about using a dielectric spray cleaner of some sort. Anything more specific?
  12. T

Thank you very much oilhammer and Lightflyer1! My 2015 Passat had close to 170k miles so it would be fair to say that no type of original and/or extended warranty applies anymore to this specific situation, correct?
  13. T

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

Thanks for the tips eugene89us. I will practice on the high beams side and then decide what to do.
  14. T

Got it. Thank you for this, I will look into it and clean as necessary. Part II of the discussion: "clock spring", this is a new term to me. Would someone elucidate further please?