Recent content by tico_tdi

1. T

Review of plug and play LED upgrades: low beam (LasFit H7 G2 Pro) and High Beam (LasFit VW-01)

Just found your great install instructions for the Pro Series H7 LED Bulbs w/Retainer Adapter For Volkswagen Passat 2012-2015. I have tried several types of LED's for my 2015 Passat's high beam, (Lasfit wirelesss H7 mini-too dim and LASFIT H7 LED Bulbs w/Adapter-Retainer-Holder Special for...
  2. T

New VW diesel engine

I know this is a late reply, but I could not help commenting on another Seth borenstien’s “fabrication”. I wouldn’t/ you cannot believe anything he writes. I had an unfortunate experience many years ago in the late 80’s with a story he wrote on my work. He attended a high management level gov...
  3. T

Dealers Selling Fixed TDI's

No, I will get a lot more for mine in the buyback. I had originally selected the emissions option, but hadn't finalized it yet. I was trying to decide what to do. You have to call VW claims to get the option switched it takes 2 to 3 business days to clear out your current choice. Then you have...
  4. T

Dealers Selling Fixed TDI's

About a month ago I was at the dealers to get recall work done on my 2013 Passat TDi SE & happened to ask was was happening to the recalled TDI's. He said they were waiting for authorization to sell fixed TDI's. I had signed up for the modification, but had not decided what to do. I was having...
  5. T

How to remove ALH alternator pulley in car

Alternator pulley -replaced alternator Well I ended up just going ahead & replacing the alternator (new)& tension pulley. I figured at 10 yrs & 145k miles it wouldn't hurt. I didn't have time to do it myself, but my mechanic did it for $160. He said thats the last one he will to it for at that...
  6. T

Alternator pulley replacement now alternator Good call. thanks. I checked more closely & it appears part of the pulley is still attached. No threads showing & I can see the remaining bushing from the pulley. So its a alternator replacement- there goes the 20 min job:(
  7. T

Alternator pulley replacement It appears that the pulley is completely gone. I can see the spindles inside the alternator shaft & they look intact. I can't see any evidence of heat distortion/discoloration. The alternator shaft spins quietly & smoothy & is not loose. But who knows until its...
  8. T

2003 Golf TDI A3 alternator pulley replacement Well the good news is that the alternator pulley fell off while driving so I don't have to struggle getting it off, the bad is that I have to fix it. Since I can get the parts locally except for the Metalnerd tool & need to get it fixed quickly...
  9. T

Easy fix for your older TDI, if down on power and MPG

vacuum hoses What brand/type of hose do yo suggest as replacements? I'm noticing the same mileage reduction on my 03 golf. thanks
  10. T

2014 Audi A-6 TDI pricing

At least the A6 TDI gives us a glimpse of the future Often time many of the high end features trickle down over the years to the other, cheaper models. It will be interesting to see what future Passat TDI incorporate.
  11. T

Reputable shop in Alabama

Hutchinson automotive not trusted!!! I certainly would not use Hutchinson Automotive anymore. They are totally unreliable. Several years ago I had them do a timing belt, manifold cleaning & rear brakes. They did a good job. However, I tried 4 times over 3 months to get the front struts replaced...
  12. T

Dangerous vacuum hose failure

Vacuum hose failure Okaron, Yes that is the hose. Check the photo section. I have uploaded photos of the hose failure. I replaced it with radiator hose. Is there a better hose? If so where can you get it? The dealer would only sell hose assemblies, so you would end up replacing a lot of hoses...
  13. dangerous vacuum hose failure

dangerous vacuum hose failure

14. dangerous vacuum hose failure

15. dangerous vacuum hose failure

result no power and no brakes!!