Recent content by ticaf

1. T

EPA Hits Two More Diesel Tuners With $10 Million Fine For Defeat Devices

There can be multiple way to handle the battery situation. A subscription allowing swapping batteries makes a lot of sense for some people, not all. In any case, after watching people queuing for GAS at every rest stops this Thanksgiving weekend, it become obvious we cannot have 100% electric...
  2. T

Maybe, another issue though is ultra fine particulates emission during Regen. It's a real problem since it's not addressed under any emission regulations. In other words, they don't want emissions during their test cycle, but don't care about the "delayed" emission during regen.
  3. T

Food for thoughts: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23897985/ https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0269749121007454 See, its all not black and white.
  4. T

Well, it is one thing to do a delete, and drive smoothly for efficiency with minimum emissions, versus doing a delete to gain a few HPs and rolling coal. Rather than having a practical emissions system, the EPA is steering folks towards a delete when it would cost the price of the car to replace...
  5. T

manitainence

Belt 130k interval. Gearbox oil, when you change the clutch is probably a good time to change it too.
  6. T

Timing belt

Are you saying you didn't find anything on youtube?;)
  7. T

Lots of truck drivers have been burned by the cost of maintaining their emissions system (cost but also TIME to fix the truck). No wonders they are looking at alternatives. I rather them have some kind of reasonable emission system meeting reasonable emissions limit, than cheating against absurd...
  8. T

Looking for advise on bleeding cooling system

I'd say trapped air in coolant. Also, you need g12++ at minimum. G13 preferred if you care about the engine. (It should affect operating temperature though) The air might go away with time and long drives (watch for coolant Level going down as air makes its way up) Or use vcds to get the air...
  9. T

2015 Q7 EGR/EGR cooler problems

Help us help you here, what are the codes? Unfortunately, not too many mechanics know those TDIs. Check out for the gurus on this websites.
  10. T

Ventectomy on 2015 Golf?

My best tank was 700miles. Worst probably around 550miles. ( and that's with probably another 20-50 miles before going dry) That tank size is fine for me.
  11. T

'15 GSW sale data needed.

Yep, 2015 in excellent condition!
  12. T

Timing Belt recommendations for MK7

Would you want a catastrophic failure because of a failed bolt? Do yourself a favor and buy the bolts for a few bucks.
  13. T

MD (Balto/DC area) indy shop suggestions

Annaptown import services Ask for Fred the motorhead.
  14. T

Out of curiosity, I checked carvana, they offered me $3600 for a car in excellent (but with 155k miles:unsure:) I'll keep it, thanks Carvana.
  15. T

1st check your insurance policy terms 2nd negotiate 3rd if can't negotiate, hire an appraiser and get ready to sue