Recent content by TI_Master

1. T

TURBO: Please report NMS turbo failures here. [not a discussion thread!]

I got a chance to look at the paperwork on my dad's car. It wasn't exactly full of details, but what it basically said was that they inspected it, found the intercooler full of oil. On further inspection, they determined that the turbo was "seized". Paperwork indicates that they replaced the...
  2. T

My dad got his car back yesterday, how can I locate the build date of the car? I want to check that when I go over there today or tomorrow. Also, I will get the paperwork from him for what they did and report back if I can decipher any of what they actually put on there.
  3. T

I will get what I can, the dealer still has it, so some details (build date, etc) may not be accessible til he gets it back, but I will fill in everything I can. How do you find out the build date? I will get this once the car is back. UPDATE: Dealer called today (Saturday 2/9) saying they'd...
  4. T

My dad's 2013 Passat TDI (an automatic) had a failed turbo about 10 days ago. They called him today, apparently per the dealer there is a new VW part number for the turbo and its on backorder (for no telling how long). I am guessing they've figured out that there is an issue with these turbos...
  5. T

BMW 335d new proud owner

Grats on the 335d! I got the X5 diesel about a month and a half ago, and I absolutely love it. The 335d and X5 diesel share the same engine. Real world I'm seeing around low 30's mpg on the highway and am averaging mid-20's in my mostly city driving.
  6. T

BMW running diesel Tech Sessions

I just took possession of an '09 X5 Xdrive35d. The thing is amazing to drive, I test drove the Benz ML320 Bluetec, the Audi Q7 TDI and the driving experience of the X5 blew me away. Amazingly they came down nearly 10% off sticker too, never had that experience around here with the local VW...
  7. T

Biodiesel Becoming Mainstream

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=434474&topart=newcarresearch This is linked on the homepage of MSN right now.
  8. T

Diesel News

The Bionic Car http://autos.msn.com/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4024039&s=bibendum2006 Chrysler demos diesel based fish car :)
  9. T

Ventectomy on 2004 Passat?

I did this to mine, no problems. It was a little hard to get out, but I finally managed it. I still have to work on it to fill it totally full, but its a lot easier and faster now than before, and sure is nice to get the extra time between fillups.
  10. T

FS: 2nd Offering, TDIClub License Plate Frames...

I ordered on 4/29 and received 5/15, so looked to me like a batch may have been mailed out recently.
  11. T

1. Ed's TDI (2) PAID RECEIVED 2. hip (2) 3. LWB053 (1) PAID 08/22/2003 4. vwnut2000 (1) PAID 5. Toronto Vento (2) PAID Received 6. Jimbob 1000 (1) PAID (finally) 7. GeWilli (cancelled order) 8. Oilman (2) PAID 9. ibedonc (2) 10. Old Navy (2) 11. oilhammer (2) PAID Received 12. POWERSTROKE (3)...
  12. T

Hybrid Mileage Comes Up Short

Wired.com article Excerpt: Hybrid cars are hot, but not as hot as their owners, who complain that their gas mileage hasn't come close to well-advertised estimates. Don't knock the car companies for inflated claims: Experts say the blame lies with the 19-year-old EPA fuel-efficiency test that...
  13. T

remove the vent guts easily !!!!

I completed this on my '04 Passat TDI, and it was a booger to get it out (took a lot of pressure). Also, my valve assembly was black, and not white. Anyway I'm vented now, but gotta wait for the next refill to try it out
  14. T

1. Ed's TDI (2) PAID RECEIVED 2. hip (2) 3. LWB053 (1) PAID 08/22/2003 4. vwnut2000 (1) PAID 5. Toronto Vento (2) PAID Received 6. Jimbob 1000 (1) PAID (finally) 7. GeWilli (cancelled order) 8. Oilman (2) PAID 9. ibedonc (2) 10. Old Navy (2) 11. oilhammer (2) PAID Received 12. POWERSTROKE (3)...