Recent content by Thomas Babb

1. T

1999 Nb Tdi Gls 37k Nj

I don't use it as I work at home.......black/black been garaged Delvac1 lookin' for offers over 12K
  2. T

VW wiper blades?

my 99 NB came with SWF wipers with and air dam on the driver side blade .....anyone know a source? Does VW still supply the driver side air deflector? I put some Bosch units on but don't like the fit (they do work, however...passanger side almost:mad: hits the hood 21" Micro edge)
  3. T

Hood release lever (cabin) NB

Got it ....push in the cut out on the handle.....turns out the cable is not broken the handle is
  4. T

Hood release lever (cabin) NB

Does anyone know how to get it off to replace the cable? Thanks
  5. T

Hood Latch Broke - New Beetle TDI

looks like mine (99 NB) just broke in the cabin.....lucky the hood is open......how do I replace it?
  6. T

Glow Plug fault code.

I got the glow plug fault on my 99 NB.......found two bad Gplugs....replaced them (all 4 Bosch with Beru....the coolant checked OK) .....the check engine light stayed on (hundred cycles)....had it cleared with a friend's generic scanner......all is well
  7. T

clearing codes

how without Vagcom?
  8. T

Coolant glows 99 NB 5 speed

thanks wingnut......and thanks for that "how to"!
  9. T

Radar detector connection

I have a radar detector for amusement....I try to drive the TDI as slow as possible to avoid all problems........NEVER SPEED !
  10. T

Diag test codes...P1639 TPS range and P1144 MAF

ground ......new glows....checked harness and fuses????????
  11. T

How long does the battery last?

99 NB I had the first replaced by VW after 2 years (they paid) and then replaced the second after 3 more.......not good
  12. T

Clearing codes without VAG COM?

What was the last mac you ran? ......."In fact, after Windows XP I think my Macs are better off used as wheel chocks" that was the response I figured I'd get.......thanks anyway
  13. T

Clearing codes without VAG COM?

how do you do it? (I'm a MAC user and Ross Tech can't help me) edit......forget it.....I read FAQ and apparently people think VAGCOM is a "small investment" .......$229 + Windows laptop........I'd rather sell the car.....thanks
  14. T

thanks!.....now the sensor is that downstream in the T of the hoses?
  15. T

where are they?