Recent content by thechoochlyman

1. thechoochlyman

Anyone have a rear passenger door handle they'd part with?

Just finished off the aftermarket handle I had nursed along for the past six months. If anyone has a spare OEM rear right handle they'd part with please send me a PM. ✌🏻 Still haven't seen any good alternatives in all the threads here. Maybe that needs to be my next machining project.
  2. thechoochlyman

Vent selector broken? Here's my 50 cent fix.

Had to chase down a shorted wire yesterday and broke the back end of my HVAC panel in the process. Temp control still works, but now I adjust the vents here. lol Any time something has broken in this car I've done my best to find a workaround. If it broke once it'll probably break again. Maybe...
  3. thechoochlyman

Getting a bit of grind going into 3rd, potential syncho issues?

I got the G070 in over the weekend and everything seems good. The old oil was dark and a bit smelly, so it was time to change it. Seems like a good viscosity to me - it's not noisy or anything. Shifts nice and smooth.
  4. thechoochlyman

Getting ready to change my transmission oil soon along with my engine oil. I purchased some G070 (Yes, I know it's probably going to be too thin) but I can't confirm anywhere that it isn't GL5. I'd assume it's GL4 considering VW said it's good for ALL manual transmissions, but I just wanted to...
  5. thechoochlyman

Hi beams and low beams on at same time

I noticed the link at Vortex no longer had photos, so are a few more. Short jumper wire. I ground the edges so they would fit in the small slots. Insert into the small vertically-spaced holes in the #10. Voila.
  6. thechoochlyman

The "What did you do to your B4 today" thread...

Replaced I think 6 different bulbs yesterday. Both reverse lights, both rear brake lights, a headlight and a license plate lamp. Now looking into doing the simultaneous high/low beam mod and five-light brake mod.
  7. thechoochlyman

Yeah, I can't recall, I've been trying to find a receipt or something. I did just order some G070 from ID Parts this morning to replace it with.
  8. thechoochlyman

I took out the shift tower for inspection. No hangup in the linkage or the tower. However, the oil doesn't smell just right and the underside of the tower had some greasy buildup on it which I cleaned up. I changed the grease 2 years and 30,000 miles ago with Lucas synthetic 75w-90. Think I'll...
  9. thechoochlyman

Good idea. I'll also add, it's just as difficult to shift without clutching and the engine off. Typically one I clutch it and go through the gears they will fall right back in without clutching. Every time I go between 3 and 4 it doesn't get any smoother.
  10. thechoochlyman

The last couple of days my B4 has been more difficult to shift. I thought maybe the bolt holding on the shift linkage and weight had gotten loose, but everything is tight and right where it should be. The gears are a bit harder to engage generally speaking, and 2-3 will want to grind a little if...
  11. thechoochlyman

Front turn signal connector is shot. Any luck for new replacement?

Silly me - I went looking in my parts tote and already had a spare! I had forgotten about purchasing a replacement turn signal housing last year, and my old one still had the connector attached. Thanks for the help, everyone!
  12. thechoochlyman

Thanks for the part number! Looks like there's one on eBay from that one seller in Latvia...
  13. thechoochlyman

Performed all my google-fu with no luck.
  14. thechoochlyman

New 15" wheels on Tulbirt, my B4V Passat

Those look great! I put a set of 15" Chevy Cobalt wheels on mine. Center ID was a little small, but boring them out was easy enough. Can't remember exactly what tire size I'm running, but it's about an inch larger diameter than stock. I use the Scangauge II to calibrate my speedo properly. I do...
  15. thechoochlyman

1Z/AHU Billet CCV drain plates, shift knobs, and custom machining

Bump for a fresh run of Coolant flanges in stock - $175 shipped with O ring and mounting bolts. See first page for additional parts required. 14 currently available. To order, simply send $175 with PayPal goods and services to legacymoldandtool@gmail.com and put "1Z coolant flange" in the...