Recent content by The4ork

1. The4ork

Which TDI engine do you like best in the Touareg?

It looks like there is a V10, V8, and V6 TDI. Can you guys give me the quick rundown on which one to choose over the other? Performance with tune vs ease of maintenance vs fuel economy? I'm in love with that V10, I've driven a tuned one. But I hear from many it's a maintenance nightmare. But...
  2. The4ork

Check your radiator/condenser fan operation NOW

Can't figure out how to post pics from my phone and Photobucket doesn't work anymore but the connector is burning up at the large ground pin. I'm at a loss of what to do next. I'm starting to hate this car. What a ****ty engineered plug.
  3. The4ork

So I found my new fan must not have seated in the main plug all the way. I got a nice little burn spot around the pin for the ground. In fact the new mk6 plug is a terrible design. After a few years in the heat it won't hold together at all any more. It's just held together by friction. Tab is...
  4. The4ork

can any obd adapter scan non-emissions stuff?

I have a bluetooth obd adapter i use with torque sometimes, and it gives me codes. But can i use it with ross-tech software? or do i need a very specific cable for that? I just want to check my fan circuits and figure out why my fans are intermittent.
  5. The4ork

Radiator Fans not working

Im gonna try the high pressure switch today. I ordered one at napa this morning. Hope it does the trick. I'll still be trying to get a hold of a scan though.
  6. The4ork

Oilhammer, that was all spanish to me. I put the pressure gauge on the low side. its around 70psi with the compressor off, and with the compressor on its about 50 psi. WHEN the fans run, it will drop further to about 35-40psi. but i cant get the fans to work all the time.
  7. The4ork

There is just so much to go through, it would take me hours! I just really do not understand why this NEW damn fan isnt coming on, so its gotta be non-fan related. And on such a newer car.... i mean its 6 years old now. Frustrating since its not even paid off before its starting to go to ****. I...
  8. The4ork

Hi folks. 2012 Jetta issue. I was having intermittent cooling fan operation, noticed by my a/c kicking on and off in city driving/red lights. So i replaced the main large fan with new. seemed to work flawless for a day (probably coicidence) and im right back where i started. I thought maybe i...
  9. The4ork

Hi folks. 2012 Jetta issue. I was having intermittent cooling fan operation, noticed by my a/c kicking on and off in city driving/red lights. So i replaced the main large fan with new. seemed to work flawless for a day (probably coicidence) and im right back where i started. I thought maybe i...
  10. The4ork

Coolant fans not working or intermittent with a/c on

Hi folks. I was having intermittent cooling fan operation, noticed by my a/c kicking on and off in city driving/red lights. So i replaced the main large fan with new. seemed to work flawless for a day (probably coicidence) and im right back where i started. I thought maybe i didnt connect the...
  11. The4ork

04 F-150 Tdi swap

before you think its a huge truck and a tiny engine, let me put into perspective the F-150 i drove back in 2004 had a 202hp 252 ft. lb tq v6 in it. It moved just fine and had plenty of power. Im in california which means i cannot use an ALH, i have to use a 2004 or newer engine. So worst case...
  12. The4ork

CA - looking for a good used 5spd trans mk4 O2A

Reverse is going out on mine.
  13. The4ork

Beef on a Budget. VR6/Wagon springs

Solowerks are a great set of coilovers and pretty sure you can get custom spring rates. I'll I have a contact that co owns the company.
  14. The4ork

Mk4 metalnerd 2" lift kit questions

Still looking to go with this lift. I've just placed a wtb ad for wagon springs. I have my front and rear spacers made. And im currently shopping for tires. Trying to stay around $100 a tire... looks these are possibles...
  15. The4ork

Where are all the tdis at?

I'd like to trade my mk6 2.5 5spd for a mk6 tdi 5spd