Recent content by The Chris

1. T

F/S: Diesel Tuning DIGI PD Pro

SOLD Thanks! -Chris
  2. T

When did bashing diesel become popular again?

http://www.wfaa.com/news/consumer/Diesel--93327459.html I just saw this story pop up and decided to post as "crush". Diesel is going to be here for a long time. We should take advantage of it while the next big thing comes along. Also, my Jetta has a cat with no O2 sensor after it (and I don't...
  3. T

Only runs with oil cap OFF

Bingo. I had a CRX that was the same way. The headgasket was blown and the compression was going into the oil galley and coolant system. Take off either the rad cap or the oil cap and the engine dies. Kind of a funny trick, but it wasn't fun.
  4. T

ALH microbus

This is a 78 with a Subaru engine that I have been watching for a while. It shows the rad mount similar to what you are wanting to do: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=800571
  5. T

Volkswagen says US pickup is back on the table

I could have sworn I have seen some Mercedes big trucks running around here. What about the rabbit truck? Do SUVs count as trucks?
  6. T

vw tdi kit car

Mark, I met your friend Jay at the Rally Fighter event here in Dallas last weekend. I told him my next kit car is going to be a GTM with a 6.6L Duramax. He asked if I had seen your "mini GTM diesel". I guess this is what he was talking about. The car is starting to look like a Lotus Elise...
  7. T

TDI airplane?

A few years ago, I talked with a guy from SAS that was putting Mercedes diesels into Cessnas with great success. Something like a few hundred miles more range.
  8. T

ALH microbus

Holy cow, I haven't been on these forums in months, buy a '78 bay westy, and have imagined doing just what Paul is doing. I have to get my first project car running before I mess with the bus. (http://www.vmvcars.com) Subscribed!
  9. T

'09 and later TDIs to be effectively banned in Iowa?

Just do what they did back in the 70s where they had two different pumps for leaded/unleaded. Make the non-biodiesel a little more and more expensive which gently pushes customers to bio-diesel. It also gives manufacturers time to change their product to work with the new fuel. As for the...
  10. T

'09 and later TDIs to be effectively banned in Iowa?

So what happened when the US gov't banned leaded fuel? The automakers changed their engines to run on unleaded fuel. They wanted to be able to sell their cars so they produced cars that would run on the available fuel. Why not just let the gov't mandate biodiesel and make the auto...
  11. T

Digi PD type mod with Biodiesel

I'm running B100 in my 06 with the DigiPD and it's great. Granted, it's only been 10k miles or so. If the OP cared about warranty, he wouldn't be toying around with a DigiPD anyways ;)
  12. T

+1 for the 3" crowd

David, these aren't necessarily attacks on your design. Some people like big exhaust just for the sake of big exhaust. That's cool. If the stock exhaust has crush bends and a middle resonator, your 3" TBE should prove to add some HP/TQ. Are you dumping before the rear wheel or going the...
  13. T

+1 for the 3" crowd

You're right. The exhaust gases are being ejected out as a cone with a lower pressure in the center. A matched flange, with a slight bulge in the pipe right after would be the absolute ideal to have a smoothe transition from the "hot exhaust cone" to the straight-ish piping after. You're...
  14. T

+1 for the 3" crowd

Normal bends for routing are fine as well as a flex-pipe. If the OEM pipe diameter is larger than the turbo outlet, it would be best if it was the same. It's not about the exhaust volume, it's about the velocity. Once it hits a larger pipe, it slows down and causes turbulence. A gradual...
  15. T

+1 for the 3" crowd

The diameter transition right after the turbo is going to cause quite a bit of turbulence due to loss of exhaust gas velocity. This will increase noise and actually produce some backpressure. Unless you have an actual 3" outlet from the turbo, I see this as nice looking overkill that adds more...