Recent content by thatvan

1. T

Euro Single Din CD Players

Volkswagen Individual MP3 Stereo (AKA Becker Monza) Originally this was offered as a dealer accessory add on. It is in reality a rebadged Becker Monza. All the same features but with the “Volkswagen Individual” lettering, “Volkswagen” on the welcome screen, and Blue and Red lighting to...
  2. T

Poor audio in my 2003

I think it was on the 2002. Loss of low range output. Simple wire swap on one of the front woofers corrected it.
  3. T

Poor audio in my 2003

Player! Pimp! Super Pimp! Mega Mofo Pimp!
  4. T

Poor audio in my 2003

I believe it should say Monsoon on the screen when the radio first comes on. The amp is located hanging from the rear deck on a segan and next to where a CD changer is on a Golf. The HU for the monsoon and the Preimum are one and the same, just coded differently. If it is indeed not a monsoon...
  5. T

Poor audio in my 2003

All depends if you have the Monsoon or the Premium system. If its the latter it is a simple swap of the HU's and run a couple of wires up to the cluster. If it is the monsoon (do you have the external amplifier {I don't know where it is mounted on a wagon}?) you will run into a few issues...
  6. T

repair wires for fuse box.....

Mike, I have a drawer full of connectors from my junk yard visits. What size do you need, and how many? Most have a 3 to 4" pigtail so you will need to splice. Let me know. Ian
  7. T

Osram Silverstars, buy one get one free

cwarner----use BORA as the model
  8. T

Automatic folding mirrors, installed, PICS/MOVIE

check this it is left side and memory. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_Car-Truck-Parts-Accessories__2002-VW-PASSAT-LH-POWER-MIRROR_W0QQitemZ360063584117QQadnZCarQ20Q26Q20TruckQ20PartsQ20Q26Q20AccessoriesQQadiZ2865QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item360063584117&_trksid=p3756.m14.l1318 Always look at the...
  9. T

Yes you are correct the motors are the same.
  10. T

Have you guys tried passatworld? Also there was a thread on here abour converting the window motor board using parts from another.
  11. T

I reckon I made too much out of nothing. I really don't think it will be an issue.
  12. T

The statement on page 4 I believe is wrong. The motors have limit switches built it. When the flag is in its "home" position to the base this switch is made up. If the flag is bumped out of home the switch opens and the motors will not function. The US Jetta bases (the metal part) do not have a...
  13. T

Testing the Panzer Plate [w/ in car video]

Where was that filmed? Looks like a nice place to get out to. We are planing a trip to some of California's BLM land this summer. A little exploring, camping and what not.