Recent content by tgray

1. T

Another no start ALH

Thanks, I will have to try that next time.
  2. T

Another no start ALH

Keep trying to bleed out the injectors one at a time. They should want to spray the fuel out when you loosen the nut and not just dribble. Once they get air in them it is hard to push it through. If you are pushing fuel through an injector something should fire or smoke. Make sure your...
  3. T

One Key

The other thing you can do is to purchase a key finder to attach to the key. It may help in a bind if the key is lost it will be traceable from your phone.
  4. T

Door Card Re-Upholster

After doing a lot of these repairs getting the glue off is the biggest frustration and I have found that if you don't do it right the gummy old glue creates failures down the road. My other solution is to find a junk car with the leather inserts as the leather seems to protect the uv and the...
  5. T

ABS light on after brake job. Bad pump?

There you go. You messed with the fuses and it seemed to go away. If you take that fuse block apart you will see the problem most likely. They are a grade above junk from the factory. Once you get corrosion in there they are ruined. Look at your fuses and see if they seem corroded. Iike I...
  6. T

Golf MK4 Manual swap

When I get a chance I will check out some of my old diagrams. I remember there are a few ways to wire things on this but if you use the 53 relay it only has 4 pins (or connectors). The 2 big are used for the starter circuit and it doesn't matter which way they connect. The other 2 smaller...
  7. T

Golf MK4 Manual swap

Your reverse switch wire #9 yellow/blue will not go through this relay any more. Don't bother with it on the relay. The reverse switch light needs to be joined up under the hood on the trans on a different operation. Just leave it out. I am guessing the other wire can be left out as well...
  8. T

It also can be a bad ground wire going to the pump.
  9. T

I went through this with one of mine. Put a straight pin through the wire close to the abs module. Check voltage with the car turned on at the pin. You should see the same volts as at the battery post or you have a bad connection up by the battery fuse block. I have never seen a pump fail...
  10. T

Golf MK4 Manual swap

It seems to me looking at the pin out on the diagram I see that 3 & 9 are not used anymore when you do the swap so don't worry about it and see if it all works. The only thing this relay does now after a swap is disconnect your starter from turning on unless your clutch pedal is down. Don't...
  11. T

01M Issue I can't find information on

Don't keep driving it with this issue. A new valve body should cure it as stated.
  12. T

WTB New beetle head unit!

I sold him one
  13. T

Golf MK4 Manual swap

I wasn't thinking it may be harder for some on the dash part. It isn't real hard to pull the whole dash out where you can get at it all very easy- just a lot of screws and bolts. Try pulling the panels all out around the steering wheel helps to see things better if you have not done that...
  14. T

Golf MK4 Manual swap

The hardest part is to swap the transmission and the rest is just turning a few bolts. A lot of the work can be done from above which is where I like to work. I have done a few swaps and changed a lot of clutches and have really liked and had good success with the Saacs clutch kits. They...
  15. T

ABS brake fluid bleed question

Sometimes I have had to let the cars sit overnight and try again the next day if I had too many tiny bubbles through the system.