tgray's latest activity

• T
    tgray replied to the thread Shifter moves hard right and left.
    I have had this happen a few times. Make sure everything is working good on the engine end and lubricate if needed. Pull up the...
  • T
    tgray replied to the thread Wiper motor failure?.
    If you say the linkage was replaced was it binding up? If so that can destroy the brushes or motor in some way. Like jettawreck says...
  • T
    tgray replied to the thread sticky vanes.
    That's the ring and that's the picture I took. I found the rust swelling behind that was causing all my problems and once that was...
  • T
    As you see what is inside it is obvious oven cleaner would only have been a waste of time.
  • T
    Did you remove the ring behind the one shown in your hand? It almost looks like it is a part of the casting but that is where the rust...
  • T
    If the plate is warped I would look for other options. The tolerances are very tight on these turbos. You can find another used one...
  • T
    When you do take them apart, pull the 3 torx screws in the picture above and remove everything to clean properly. There is also a thin...
  • T
    I have only see vanes stick for reasons that required disassembly. I have had ones with parts worn out or full of oil and soot. I have...
  • T
    tgray replied to the thread throttle body fix.
    The problem with the wire connections is you can't see the problem. It can be difficult to even see it with a cheap ohm meter as you...
  • T
    tgray replied to the thread throttle body fix.
    I fought this kind of thing on my daughters 1.8 gas car and found it was the connector plug was bad right where it goes into the...
  • T
    tgray replied to the thread Rainwater leak.
    The best way I found to figure this stuff out is to get everything dry and a hose with a full stream of water pouring where water would...
  • T
    Removing the turbo oil feed line off the turbo can be a problem without destroying the line. I have ground down wrenches to help with...
  • T
    tgray commented on tgray's profile post.
    I am going to be running around a lot today so if you want to get a hold of me it is better to text me direct @ 847-366-4446 I do need...
  • T
    If you brought your own struts I would make you a good deal on the rest of the car.
  • T
    If you are slightly interested I will hold off on pulling any parts. I can figure something else out for what I need.