Recent content by TFS1

1. T

VW golf shudders in 1st and reverse gear

I remember a discussion about the fly wheel and that the cost would be more if it was a dual mass. turned out not to be so cost was lower. I would assume this meant he inspected it. i'll ask him about this but think it was fine as it was, no mention of resurfacing as I recall. i'm not...
  2. T

VW golf shudders in 1st and reverse gear

Hey all. i'd appreciate any thoughts you have on this topic. (Hope I've posted in the correct place?) Before Christmas I had a new clutch fitted as I was told the pressure plate being worn out was causing a stiff clutch pedal. Anyway, since I've had it back my car shudders when I start to...
  3. T

Loud click when clutch released

Had the car in the garage. Turns out when the master cylinder was worked on, a spring was put on the wrong way resulting in the click. No parts but plenty Labour cost. Had the clutch replaced, front suspension arms, fuel filter, new brake pads and two new tyres. Drives like a dream now.
  4. T

Loud click when clutch released

Hey all. I'm new to this forum so forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post. I recently purchased a Mk6 Golf in a private sale. Its been a bit of a cash cow as had to replace the timing belt and its getting a new clutch on Thursday this week. Anyway, last Thursday I started hearing a...