Recent content by TEXAS_TDI

1. T

Performance Chip: have you burned out your clutch?

2000 Golf GLS UPsolute chip Bought the car already chipped, so no idea how many total chipped miles on the car. I personally put 38k chipped miles on the car in 15 months. No clutch problems at all.
  2. T

Rotella T

Actually, Rotella is CH-4.
  3. T

Toureg in the showroom this morning!!!

I have cloth and two kids, 7 and 4, and I don't have any problems with the seats getting dirty. Why? Because I don't let them eat and drink in my car. And my cloth is black so it's less likely to show a stain in the event of an accident.
  4. T

Rotella T

Given the choice, Delvac-1 is better.
  5. T

Like I said, it looks pretty luxurious to me. Especially for a VW. Remember, VW is VAG's economy line of German cars. It's way more luxurious than I'd ever need or want. I'm not a spoiled rich kid or a coffe drinking yuppie that thinks he has to have leather seats, leather steering wheel...
  6. T

Looks pretty luxurious to me... http://www.vdubaddiction.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=64766 http://www.vdubaddiction.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=64767 http://www.vdubaddiction.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=64768...
  7. T

How often are you going to carry 8 people? How often are you going to pull a trailer? The problem with SUV's is 99% of SUV owners have them as status symbols only. Or because they think they're safe. They don't buy them for their intended purpose, hauling a lot of people, cargo, or pulling...
  8. T

What oil do you run......

Then why are you using Delvac-1? You should be using Amsoil or Redline.
  9. T

Oil change...5k, 10k then every 10k !?!

I'd get it out ASAP.
  10. T

Must not have studied very hard then.
  11. T

Do keep in mind the factory recommendations are minimum requirements. Some people, like myself, aren't satisfied with getting by on just the minimum. We prefer the maximum. And recommending a 5w-40 oil is just VW's way of getting everyone to use a "one size fits all" oil. But the more...
  12. T

I did my homework. Now you do yours.
  13. T

Change it ASAP. Your TDI came from the factory with full synthetic oil. And only full synthetic oil should be used at every oil change.
  14. T

And people wonder how oil wars get started. Yes, please do a search of all the different oils out there. Research their specs and performance. And when you're done you'll see Mobil Delvac-1 is not the best oil available. It's a very good oil, and seems to be the oil of choice on this forum...
  15. T

Every other modern car you had also used dino oil. TDI's come with full synthetic oil from the factory. And should only have full synthetic at every oil change. That's why you can go 10k miles per oil change. Change the oil filter when you change the oil. I change my oil and oil filter...