Recent content by Ted_Grozier

1. T

RWD transmission for VW 4-cylinder?

Here's an update from another forum in case someone here is series about a TDI Mercedes project! http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/diesel-discussion/152263-vw-tdi-engine-into-w123-wagon-update.html
  2. T

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement Procedure

Chubber asks all the right questions. My sense is that either you are 1 in 10,000 unlucky or the installation has not been done properly. Critical is that the axle nut is tightened down "wicked tight" because that is what holds the whole thing together. There are several different methods in...
  3. T

No need to pack the bearing. It is a sealed, non-serviceable cartridge bearing.
  4. T

ah, rust Hi Folks - Long time since I've been on here since my mother has had the Golf, but I've just changed the other front wheel bearing at 137K. Left side went six years ago at 75K. (Nice not to be doing as much driving these days!) Anyway as you would expect for a car in New England...
  5. T

Tdi Ranger

For the cruise control, have you tried re-coding the ECU for an automatic transmission? Ted
  6. T

Volvo 240 wagon TDI

Josh - Congratulations! Time to change your signature, eh?! Ted
  7. T

Volvo 240 wagon TDI

This is so great - congrats on your progress! What exhaust manifold did you end up putting together? Ted
  8. T

long term storage

If I were you I would just inflate the tires to the maximum allowable pressure on the sidewall, disconnect the battery at the negative terminal and place some mothballs around the car if you worry about rodents. Make sure the car is good and hot before you park it and don't touch it for a year...
  9. T

What is best flywheel for N/S TDI application?

I've been putting a little more work into the TDI-powered Mercedes project and have a new problem to solve. What's the best flywheel for a 1.9L TDI mounted North-South, i.e. with the starter forward of the flywheel? Are the 1.8T flywheels heavy enough, or would a quantum diesel fw be better...
  10. T

BHW oil pan on ALH engine?

Hi folks - Does the longitudinal oil pan from the 04-05 Passat TDI bolt up to the ALH engine? Are all the "new style" VW 4-cylinder blocks the same -- i.e. would a Passat 1.8T pan also bolt up? Since they don't have conventional gaskets it's hard to tell by looking at catalogs. Many thanks...
  11. T

TDI into W123 Mercedes - need help

Update at: http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php?p=1158784 :( Ted
  12. T

Biodiesel in Norwich, Vermont

FYI Press Release BioQuantum, Inc. PO Box 99 Perkinsville, VT 05151 Ph: 802-221-1382 info@BioQuantum.net www.BioQuantum.net re: Biodiesel pump and Dan and Whit's On behalf of Dan and Whit's, BioQuantum, Inc., along with Evans Motorfuels, is pleased to announce the opening of a biodiesel...
  13. T

favor: length of Passat TDI starter?

Thanks Bookworm - I'm actually looking for the physical length. Ted
  14. T

Fair enough, but I already have a perfectly good TDI engine waiting to be installed. I'm also pretty sure that the CDI starter is on the driver's side, whereas the Mercedes transmission has the starter "wart" on the passenger side. Basically I'm looking for the easiest, cheapest way to move...
  15. T

To the top -- getting to the go/no-go date here... Thanks, Ted