Recent content by tditom

1. T

TDIclub Secret Society of BMW Owners (SSBMWO)

Thanks, We're of the same opinion on this.
  2. T

Congrats on your milestone. I have a 2014 535d xDrive too. I've been receiving notices from BMW for the EGR. My local dealer has the parts in stock, so I'm debating having this done. The car runs fine, so I'm not keen to fix something that hasn't yet broken. Have you had this done proactively...
  3. T

Timing belt Lifespan (miles)?

I would call it poetic justice for your timing belt to snap at 80001 miles. You're out of your element on this site, which caters toward people who enjoy these cars and caring for them- and don't share your "cars are appliances" viewpoint.
  4. T

Congrats!! I'm still really enjoying my 2014- every time I drive it.
  5. T

Breaking News: New VAG 504.00 & 507.00 standards

If this oil isn't rated for diesel, then you shouldn't use it. Use any 5W40 for an ALH. I've never seen one that isn't appropriate for that engine. As for filters, I don't remember what the Mahle/Mann/Hengst cartridges were rated, but 93% sounds pretty low.
  6. T

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

I don't think you'll find a 505.01 in a 10w40
  7. T

Discounted TDI oil locator thread

Really? Any CK-4? Any weight? Used to be that only 5W40 was recommended.
  8. T

fuel lubricity data- with and without additives.

Intertek provided the testing on the Optilube products. They're a very reputable testing organization. The Optilube rep I spoke to was concerned about the testing costs. More data points are always better, but I'm quite confident that if Intertek was involved, then the testing was done properly.
  9. T

BlueHenTDI and Sons 2018 Midwest Road Trip

LUUUVVVVVV Zingermans, and their Reuben!!!! :) Michigan Stadium and Zingerman's are two of my favorite things in Ann Arbor. I hope to get back up there for a game this year. Saw the OSU game there last year :( Thanks for sharing the pics. Our daughter and her family are driving down from...
  10. T

BlueHenTDI and Sons 2018 Midwest Road Trip

Very cool trip! And a great thing to do with your sons. You'll all always remember this trip. Thanks for sharing, and Happy 4th (although I'd rather see a photo of Michigan Stadium than ND ;))
  11. T

sounds like a nice car, congrats! The touring only comes in xDrive, correct?
  12. T

It remains in Eco mode, with the gearing and acceleration altered, but just disables the auto shut off when you stop the car. We have the same year & vehicle so I'm certain yours will work the same- unless your chip tune changes that.
  13. T

Pete, You can disable the shut off function in Eco mode to avoid that. Just push the switch under the start/stop switch so that the orange indicator comes on.
  14. T

Which driving mode do you typically employ? I use Eco Power most of the time.
  15. T

Exxon Synergy Diesel Efficient, marketing from Exxon?

Watch some of the testimonials from the trucking companies. They have determined that there's a real benefit.