Recent content by tdisuperdave

1. T

Alternator not charging and battery light not on

Slip rings appeared ok, still shiny, not sure about how deep the groves are compared to new, brushes were still intact just shorter after 359K kms.
  2. T

Update... Installed new VR with the alternator still in the car. It's a tight space, but doable. Turned key on and Battery light now works, started car and now have 14.4 V and it's charging correctly. New VR was $40, but not a Bosch. Thanks for your help!
  3. T

Thanks, All fuses are OK including the large 150A and other ones too. Where is the best place to buy a Bosch 120A alternator?
  4. T

Car did die with a dead battery, had to charge it back up. Alternator is spinning as seen through the holes on top of alternator. Just not sure if it's alternator, clutch, or voltage regulator. Do you know which part would more likely cause the battery light NOT to be on when it's not charging...
  5. T

Thanks, haven't taken belt off yet, but alternator is spinning as I can see it through the holes on top of alternator, if that helps.
  6. T

Hi, My 2002 jetta TDI is not charging (verified at battery and alternator), but battery light is off, with and without car running. Battery is good and charged. Checked all wiring including under battery box and grounds and it's OK, Grounded out the wire on the 2 wire plug for the alternator and...
  7. T

Looking for someone to install A/C clutch

Hi Everyone, Looking for someone to install A/C clutch. I already have all the new clutch parts, got them off ebay. It's a 2002 Jetta TDI. Preferably someone in the Durham region. I can drive to your location and will pay for your work. I just don't fell comfortable doing this myself. Thanks Dave