Recent content by tdireader

1. T

**Not mine!!** 2004 Passat awd 6 speed manual Tdi in AZ

Looks similar to this posting from 2019: 2004 Volkswagen Passat GLX TDi 4Motion Variant 6-speed (2019)
  2. T

Heat and AC Work but fan only blows intermittent

Yes. It has been working all of today. I'll wait to see if it kicks out again. If not, I'll wait until it warms up to deal with this problem.
  3. T

Thanks! I'm getting ready to sell back my NMS TDI (they would be giving me what I paid for it) and want to get anything fixed on my 2005 first. I took my B5.5 for a long drive last yesterday and noticed the problem. Interestingly, the dual zone climate on my 2013 is also acting up! The...
  4. T

Can a failing relay 384 cause this? I've had it go before but never lost the fan. I can't seem to find my VAG-COM.... since I need it.
  5. T

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

637 Euro per car How much do we think less than 637 per vehicle is going to do. That number doesn't even count "administrative" costs.
  6. T

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Frustrating for me is that half the source material says the 2013/2014 NMS is included and the other half does not. For example: https://news.google.com/news/story?ncl=dqHuTa2laOutoIMHQJRBbS1C8fz9M&q=volkswagen+halt&lr=English&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0CCgQqgIwAGoVChMIsZDgp-KKyAIVQ1g-Ch09mA7B Still, if...
  7. T

Part number for rear passenger lock actuator

Thanks. I'll try soldering and see if I can save the $180.
  8. T

Part number for rear passenger lock actuator

My passenger door is intermittently not locking. I would like to attempt to resolder but also want to be ready for a replacement. Anyone know the part number?
  9. T

Have older KermaTDI tune, should I go back to factory tune?

My 2013 Passat SEL TDI will get low 40s on the highway. My B5 tdi usually does 32-37 mpg with the same driving. The B5 is much more fun to drive. Also, the stock tune has a noticeable hesitation when accelerating from a stop.
  10. T

Coming to 2016 models: Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and MirrorLink

I suspect this junk is going to get more difficult to remove/deactivate in the future.
  11. T

When will we see the 2016 Passat?

My guess is a mid-model year introduction (Spring 2016). Otherwise, we would be seeing information by now. Did see this post on VWVortex. http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7152342-2016-US-Passat-Production-Start-Delayed
  12. T

TDI models not the main focus anymore??

I was referring to the interior and ride quality. The NMS's interior has a cheaper feel and I don't think it will feel as nice at 10 years. The B5.5's main costs (for me) are BSM and CV boots. I'm probably do for a torque converter soon but I think most automatics would have transmission...
  13. T

TDI models not the main focus anymore??

Not to mention that many people in CA cities are going electric to get HOV access and pay their lease with money saved by not buying petrol. If I'm not travelling this year, I may unload my 2013 NMS and keep the 2005 B5.5. I don't see the NMS maintaining as well as the B5.5.
  14. T

Another coupla diesels: Range Rover

No Land Rover?