Recent content by TDIMK4GUY

1. T

Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

Yea I read that post and was asking for clarification as it doesn’t expressly state he does weekend appointments. Just says he’ll do the occasional weekend job. I wanted to know if I can make an appointment to be that occasional weekend job.
  2. T

Matt Phelan/Matt-98AHU now wrenching in San Anselmo

Does Matt do weekend appointments? I’ve got a no start with quantity adjuster code issue on my 02 Golf. Sadly I’m only off weekends.
  3. T

Bay Area Meetups?

Would love to talk TDI with some people in person. Maybe get some pointer on how to use bag-com now that I finally got one lol
  4. T

Trace on ecm from tune

Sorry to piggy back on this post but it's the closest I've found to my situation. I'm currently getting my 02 tdi golf worked on in Portland and am getting a stage one Malone tune to go along with my vnt17 and 11mm pump. The shop also said a EGR delete is accomplished with the tune if I...
  5. T

Bay Area TDI (ALH) needs some maintenance

Bay Area just doesn't seem to have any "Gurus" that seem to know what they're doing with our cars or if they do then a question of ethics come into question or they charge Beverly Hills prices! Till recently I've been fortunate enough to travel to Fixumrich (Fixumhaus) In Portland to have all my...
  6. T

9th Annual PNW BoraParts/FixUm GTG August 23, 2014

I'm due for a visit with Fixumrich, but sadly my beloved "Elsa" is in auto coma (my Tdi) if things go well hopefully I'll be dropping her off with Dr Rich and his trusty assistant Marcel. I'd love to try to drop her off around the time of this GTG so I could join in the fun!
  7. T

TDI Guru in Reno that works on gassers?

The stealership? Gasp! That's almost as bad as the "Friend" who helped him in the 1st place lol at least his friend was good intentioned lol
  8. T

Oh plenty of cheap shade tree mechanics.. But the real issue is no one knows how to work on the mk4 tdi's they weren't sold new here after 2002 and TDI's weren't sold here till 2010 I think. So lots of idiots TRYING to work on then and screwing it up. That's why I took mine to Portland OR plus I...
  9. T

I'm in California... It's deep pockets or love.... You'd be surprised what parts and labor cost out here! I drive my Tdi to Portland OR to get it worked on just to save money!
  10. T

Ouch!! Yea I tell people all the time not to buy Vw unless they LOVE them or have deep pockets! Lol
  11. T

Sad part is I warned him to bite the bullet and pay a trusted Vw guy. He let his lack of funds dictate letting someone costing him more money by letting someone touch his car who had no business working on a Vw!
  12. T

Funds are tight and had a friend with what he believed to be good mechanical abilities. Change the timing belt and updated to the new style pully. Car won't start, worst fear is bent valves but he's confused because he's being told it has a automatic timing belt aka it times itself? Either way...
  13. T

I'm making this post for a friend in Reno. He needs help with his 1999 passat 1.8 Any one know of a trusted guru In the area? Or a shop he can trust? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  14. T

Read This -- PLACE YOUR LOCATION IN THE TITLE OF YOUR THREADS!!! (i.e. PDX, OR)

I think posting the location in the title is a good idea, at one point I was looking for parts that I could drive to local and inspect plus I wasn't Interested In dealing with being shipped a part without being able to inspect it 1st. Placing the city and state in the title sounds like a...
  15. T

Central California TDI service available--can travel to you!"

Hey Matt you gonna be up in the Modesto area any time soon? I'd really like to have a Tdi guy check out my golf as I've got some serious issues going on with her and there's not one shop that's remotely close for a dead golf to get looked at. Thanks In advance. Troy