Recent content by TDIL3dad

1. T

1996 B4 Front Suspension Finally completed (pictures)

3A5 075 101 rear flaps --- bought mine NOS from ebay misplaced part # for FRONT flaps which I bought from parts dept at my local VW dealer.
  2. T

Kinda of sad

Thanks for all the responses. Steve: I asume Blake is reliable and i will receive a 5A0 601 025 in good condition and suitable for use.
  3. T

Kinda of sad

Found one 3A0 601 025 on ebay from a seller with large numbers of feedback --- done for good with Vortex. I am posting link in case anyone else is looking for one. Once delivered, I'd feel more confident driving my B4 sedan with suspension conversion and 5-lug wheels...
  4. T

Kinda of sad

I placed a WTB ad on VW Vortex for a 5-lug donut spare wheel, and all 5 responses I received were from BS scam artists with the classic "send payment as friends & family"! Even after I offered to send MORE than they asked for to cover PayPal fees, they insisted on F&F payment. Conisdering that...
  5. T

WTB: B4 donut 5-lug steel spare 3A0 601 025-03C

I recently completed conversion of my 1996 B4 sedan suspension to upgraded heavier VR6/GLX suspension with 5-lug wheels. Now looking for the 3A0 601 025-03C donut 5-lug steel spare. Shipping to zip code 22202. Please send PM
  6. T

Now that I have 16" wheels, 5-lug configuration ( B4 VR6 size - 16" X 7 ET 35, 5X100 mm), I am looking for a VR6/GLX 5-lug donut steel spare wheel 3A0 601 025-03C and of course this is NLA from VW US. I already placed a WTB on Vortex, and searched e-bay with no luck. Anyone here with a tip...
  7. T

96 B4 sedan trunk leak mystery solved

The trunk on my 1996 B4 sedan was showing substantial leakage and smelling moldy. All the obvious gaskets looked intact. I think today my "local guru" solved the mystery ..... the gasket surround for the trunk lock has apparently deteriorated and dry rotted badly.
  8. T

B4V Part request: Rear Left door rub strip and ...

Anyone has male and / or female clips that go on the back side of the rub strips, and in the sheet metal? Please send PM.
  9. T

Hi Tyler: Here's picture of the two pieces of rub strip that I can us. The long one on the left...

Hi Tyler: Here's picture of the two pieces of rub strip that I can us. The long one on the left rear passenger door, and also the small one next to to the wheel well. wheel well.
  10. T

B4V Part request: Rear Left door rub strip and ...

also the small rub strip on the rear left quarter panel near the wheel well. Any color is OK, as the body shop will repaint in textured black Rhino Liner to match the rest of my B4V. Opted to do this for the e-spec look, and some functionality. Rhino Liner doesn't scratch as easily as paint...
  11. T

Apologize in advance for the long post. Today we finally picked up the 1996 sedan with completed front suspension upgrade to 1996 GLX /VR6 OEM plus. All OEM, OEM plus or German parts sourced form ebay Latvia sellers, or from Germany via the parts department at Harbour View VW in western Canada...
  12. T

1996 Passat B4V in accident need

To avoid insurance company write off when I was faced with a similar situation and discussed here on the Forum in some detail, I contacted NiceCarsTDI (I am well aware of their mixed reputation here on the Forum) and paid for a private estimate as allowed by Virginia law when car owner disagrees...
  13. T

B4V update

I got my B4V back from body shop and except for the TDI logo on the front grill I think it's back to where it was before the accident. Thanks to parts and parts advice from TDIDaveNH, tdidieselbobyny, steves96tdi, Abacus and the good folks at Harbourview VW parts Dept (they sourced all manner...
  14. T

Is the front knuckle on TDI B4 same as VR6 ? (ETKA says yes)

I got several reponses on Vortex and should have a set in hand next week --- from a 96 B4 GLX -- hopefully, in good usable shape.