Recent content by TDikook

1. TDikook

Selling My 06 Golf

IBW. You and this community are the reason owning it was so great. the wisdom and comradery was great and meeting many of you was a great time. loved the TDI community.
  2. TDikook

Selling My 06 Golf

It was sold. as funny as it was, I sold it to a non tdi guy, and he got a fully built tdi. Learning curve will be steep.
  3. TDikook

Selling My 06 Golf

My car is not stock and very far from it. If you do not understand that, this is not the car for you. it was a labor of love as all of us car guys know. I am the only owner and it was Tuned the day I bought it It has the following upgrades: RC4+ tune 6 speed transmission FMH Southbend...
  4. TDikook

Tuning/chips advice, I know old topic...

I know nothing about Malone tuning. But for an ALH Rocketchip is the best. he knows those engines inside and out. I have had an RC tune on my car since the day I bought it. it STILL performs like magic. you cannot go wrong with Jeff, and as you are in that part of the country. it is much...
  5. TDikook

2005 BEW fuel economy

my 2006 Golf is as highly modified as you can do with OE parts. I get about 42 mpg. look at my sig for the fuelly tag.
  6. TDikook

5th Gear problems

you won't lose too much in terms of mpgs. maybe 1-2 but you will miss that 5th gear on the highway. i drove mine for about a year when i lost my 5th and putting in the 6 speed. if not worried, remove the small gear and just drive it with four gears
  7. TDikook

Removing the carpet to replace it

i drove around without any carpet for a few weeks when i did my project. you would hate it. it is SOOO loud its not remotely funny
  8. TDikook

alternate to scanguage II

please delete Thank you Eric B
  9. TDikook

Sound deadening a Golf...any results?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=237655
  10. TDikook

coming up on 300K miles.

good enough.
  11. TDikook

coming up on 300K miles.

would you recommend changing wheel bearings since everything else is getting done?
  12. TDikook

coming up on 300K miles.

IBW, how long do bilstein HDs usually last? Ive had them. I don't know 6-7 years. It still rides great and handles good.
  13. TDikook

coming up on 300K miles.

Jasontdi is doing the work. The dipstick tube broke a few years ago and was replaced. The mounts are on thier last leg. When we replaced the trans last time, the bolt stripped out on one of them. So when removed, it will be toast. It has served it's purpose and has done a good job. Time for...
  14. TDikook

coming up on 300K miles.

almost there and am planning a major maintenance schedule. if this was your car. what would you replace? so far i plan on replacing cam,lifters,bolts TB kit of course tandem pump suspension refresh(just the bushings, have Bilsteins and Shine springs) control arm bushings tie rods engine and...
  15. TDikook

electrical HUGE load(related to A/C)

at random times, the engine will bog down, its a full electrical load, I have my scan gauge set on voltage. when it happens, the voltage will drop a few volts(10 to 11V ), then return like normal tp 13+V. it has only happened when the A/C is on, I have tried it with it off, but cant recreate...