Recent content by TDIJ

1. T

TDI Wrangler, here it comes

I can't speak for the mechanical pump engines... but I can tell you that my tdi pulls my 93 yj on 35" MTs around just fine. In stock form the usable power of the ahu is very comparable to the 4.0 6 cylinder Jeep engine. I am getting low 30's for mileage.
  2. T

Engine died, ecu not communicating with vag-com

Thanks all!!! Problem was pin 68 was not getting power... so the wire between where it splits after the 109 and the ecu must be bad. Bipassed it with a jumper wire and all was good. I spent all day on the trail with no problems. I really appreciate the help in directing me to which pins are...
  3. T

Thanks all... that will all help keep me from trying to relearn my wiring by chasing wires. Off to check some wires and report back. Thanks again for the help! Thanks, and you know what they say... imitation is the highest form of flatery... the jeep was originally gifted to me... if I were...
  4. T

Today, while on vacation in Moab Utah about 300 miles from home, my AHU wrangler died, and vag-com is not able to communicate with the ecu. I know ecu was communicating up to the point of failure... as I run a scan guage as part of my regular guage selection. Pump is not clicking when...
  5. T

Low power and out of patience

I just replaced the ahu in my jeep two weeks ago, and have been struggling with a problem with the "new" engine that seems very similar to yours. In fact I have been combing through your thread over and over for help. Vag-com wasn't giving me any good clues, and wasn't throwing any codes. I...
  6. T

Turbo hose blew... Now doesn't run.

I assume it was an air issue given my very recent issue... but I guess it could be a timing failure as well... Maybe I skipped a tooth... And then skipped more or it broke? Engine locked up suddenly.
  7. T

Hahaha... Just out of curiosity... Hypothetically speaking... what happens if you are getting air in your fuel... It is sputtering and you keep driving? Did I just trash my pump? Engine is currently locked... Waiting for aaa! Good times!
  8. T

I'll keep that in mind and see what I can find
  9. T

I am indeed. I have been running Bosch filters. Is there a better option?
  10. T

Fuel system was full of air. As to the reason... ???? I have no idea what happened. All my clamps are in good condition and tight... Tank was nearly full.... Starts and runs fine after some bleeding. I'm going to drive it and see if I have the fuel issue again, because I don't see a reason for...
  11. T

I cracked an injector nut... No spurting initially cranking... Until about the time it starts to want to start. Might be kinda aerated initially as it is kind of bubbly around the fuel line... But I can't crank and watch at the same time. Unfortunately I don't have a clear fuel hose so I'm...
  12. T

Hose blew right after the turbo... Only wiring there is maf and it is good. Open intake manifold doesn't change anything. I don't have my wiring diagram handy to confirm... but I believe the wire you speak of is the one that goes to a stud on the back of the pump... Black with white strip. If...
  13. T

I found the coincidence odd... That's why I posted hoping there was some oddly related phenomenon that I was unaware of.
  14. T

Ross tech... No odd fuel... Same as always.
  15. T

I'm still building boost during those 5 seconds where I can rev it before it shuts off... So I should be good there.