Recent content by tdihopeful

1. tdihopeful

Is this a reasonable idea for heating WVO?

I asked because diesel was at $6.00 a gallon here. Dropped .50 in the last couple days. It was only a little above 4.00 a year ago. While a strong consideration, a stronger consideration is not damaging my only running car.
  2. tdihopeful

If yes what parameters in the ECU need modified and what would a good gasoline to WVO ratio? I could imagine that going this route would be a little easier than converting the WVO to Bio no?
  3. tdihopeful

[486] if I acquire WVO and filter it well then cut with gasoline I can then add that straight to my ALH (with a chip tune) or were you referring to another engine model (2006+)?
  4. tdihopeful

White Diesel

Been away from this post for a while thought I'd check back and saw this reply by nicklockard. Not off topic at all this is exactly the realm that I had started experimenting with. My initial tests were using an ultrasonic transducer to fog diesel fuel for possible use in two stroke engines for...
  5. tdihopeful

Couple Questions

I think these are not really "newbie" questions but figured TDI 101 was still the place to ask. 1. Would optimal economy RPM perhaps be different on a higher milage engine? Meaning an engine that is at approximately 260,000 that probably hasn't had extensive tolerance work completed such as new...
  6. tdihopeful

I was asked to help with a 2008 Bluebird 40' Schooly Conversion Bus

I already told him that if the injection pump was damaged or the injectors had metal particulates in them and he wasn't able or willing to pay to refurbish, or replace those parts that there was nothing I could do. It's precisely a matter of conscience and morals that I won't knowingly or...
  7. tdihopeful

Ok if I look at it I could figure out what make of engine but for him is there a place where he can look in the engine bay or near the door/driver area where there is a placard or sticker that should have engine information/code?
  8. tdihopeful

Thanks. I haven't seen the bus yet only conversation via telephone/text. He hadn't told me the engine type (he may not know). After preliminary research it seems true that particular engines will lose the fuel pump because of metal wear from running gas. Early model diesels in particular seem to...
  9. tdihopeful

A guy with a Bluebird 40' School Bus that want to build it as an RV/Tiny Home wants to know if I can help get it running proper after he says his Brother ran Gas in it. I asked here what could happen with VW TDI'S before but thought I should ask about a Bluebird Bus specifically. He says they...
  10. tdihopeful

Getting Key Fobs Cut

Maybe have the opportunity to purchase a very low cost TDI Beetle that needs front and rear glass and has two keys that need to be cut. I don't know the whole story of the car yet seems kinda sketchy. I'd like to know what is involved in getting keys cut if there is no master key available. I...
  11. tdihopeful

Why is my Turbo Shrieking?

No I didn't purchase the tools from Harbor Freight or eBay I purchased them from Amazon. They were not the best. I sharpened the curved blade pull knife tool before I used it. I had no need for kevlar gloves in that situation. I removed the windshield in two days got around the top and sides...
  12. tdihopeful

Why is my Turbo Shrieking?

It'll be interesting to see how long my CV boot job holds up. As far as the Glass I got the second hand windscreen paid for and should be picking it up tomorrow. I decided not to pull it today. Didn't want to rush that. I got a tool kit with various tools like the 90 degree pull or draw knife, a...