Recent content by ~TDIguy~

1. T

05 Mk4 Jetta FS in NY

Rust free Texas Jetta, 5spd BEW with mods Shes still here! Its been a great car, would like it to go to a good home! Im happy to answer any and all questions... Open to offers
  2. T

05 Mk4 Jetta FS in NY

Available! pics here!
  3. T

Fuel gage fluctuation-causes?

Mine gets worse as the tank goes down... Which i figure is due to more sloshing in the tank as there is more room in there. It changed right when i did my manual swap.... Just a coincidence?? Or something to do with the swap procedure?
  4. T

Fuel gage fluctuation-causes?

Hi, ive got a 05 mk4 jetta bew. Recently the fuel guage became very unstable, like every gear the gage will drop back towards the bottom of the display, and will move towards the top of the display when i brake. Cornering will make it move downward as well. Its to the point where i wont run it...
  5. T

05 Mk4 Jetta FS in NY

Hi guys; 05 Jetta manual in great shape! See CL listing, link attached. Any questions hit me up, text is usually best. Cheers! https://fingerlakes.craigslist.org/cto/d/romulus-rust-free-05-jetta-tdi-manual/6840053801.html
  6. T

Buying used transmission

I was about ready to buy a auto to manual swap kit from the guy then i found one locally 800 bucks cheaper and snapped it up. He seems like a decent guy though from what i can tell
  7. T

The dreaded heater core replacement

I was about to tackle mine and decided to check with the local shop first on a quote to have it replaced. Luckily they went by book time which is 3.15 hours according to him, they stuck to there quote and got me out the door for a total price of 570$! he said they had over 10 into it though...
  8. T

lifespan of alternator?

Way to bring threads back from the dead!! Mine went maybe 20k miles ago at 150k something as i remember... Suddenly just died! I was in a crunch so i had the local shop swap it out and they took the old one for the core, so i never did find out what was wrong.. Im motoring happily along now again!
  9. T

Stage 4 tune owners out there, help with FE and smoke

Mine is a BEW, is the IQ the same as the injection timing or whatever its called that you adjust on the end of the camshaft? I would like more FE and wouldnt be against more smoke but i know they adjusted the timing on the end of the cam to -1 to -2 i believe. Youre saying then that i could...
  10. T

No kidding, how is smoke at those IQ values? Car starts fine and everything?
  11. T

Im running a MK4 05 Jetta with an almost identical setup. My daily commute is 20 minutes with 50/50 city and 55 mph driving. I normally get 30-32 back and forth to work and 38 highway.. I think too it should be better but...?? My timing is set just under zero which makes it start harder but i...
  12. T

Torque # for front axle nut?

I had alot the same experience, i torqued the nut to spec and a week or two later i noticed something wasnt right so i checked the nut and sure enough it was loose and the wheel wobbled back and forth like the bearing was out. I tightened it down good and hard heedless of the torque specs and...
  13. T

WTB New OEM MK4 heater core.

Well, I just got my Jetta back! I'm fairly thrilled I didn't do the job myself. The total charge was 572$ tax and parts included! He charged for three hours which is what he said book time is (someone was way off there) but he said they had about 10 hours into it all told...:) Hes like, "ya, I...