Recent content by Tdiforme2

1. Tdiforme2

DPF FILTER out of stock...anyidea on an ETA?

111500mi, I happen to be in Wisconsin metro emissions area so no delete possible, I have continuing P0401, just in shop other day they replaced exhaust flap, but code came right back. They said DPF on backorder and should look at replacing car soon, before warranty up. Yes, this is convenient...
  2. Tdiforme2

2.0 Gen 1 post fix impressions, issues, etc.

Reporting back after 1st partial fill since the Fix. Decided to fill up after 470 mi and I hand calculated at 39.8. Those miles are skewed some because of using my trailer to do some moving and hauled a couple heavier loads, one was hauing 670 lbs of scrap metal in. No issues, a little louder...
  3. Tdiforme2

2.0 Gen 1 post fix impressions, issues, etc.

I just got the Fix yesterday on 2012 Jetta with 65,500mi. I am impressed that butt dyno and overall feel is almost the same, same little cool start stumble and not really noisier. I filled up after and hand calculated before at 42. I get up to 45 avg highway. Work commutes 45mi day mostly...
  4. Tdiforme2

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Before bought a Tdi I test drove a 3 and was not impressed, the biggest fault I found was the steering was too quick with oversteer. I felt it would be much more comfortable driving the jetta longer distances from a handling standpoint. I was right I like the handling of my mk6. Sent from my...
  5. Tdiforme2

Volkswagen's Clean Air Act violations on 2009+ TDIs spark huge recall, investigations

Maybe already posted but this dealer says it well. The fallout will be much worse than us owners, it will be from all the lost jobs real people will have to endure, just hope they find work soon. It is hard to believe software engineers thought they could get away with this in this day of hacks...
  6. Tdiforme2

Can't see giving up my recent acquired '12' jetta tdi. Still after the coming trials of engineers and management hope to see a few sentences go out that make them plant a few million trees! Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  7. Tdiforme2

People get so bent out of shape over this, funny! Compared to the emissions most other vehicles have in the past and many presently around the world. These are much better even if not as good as advertised, you can chose to get the recall done "flash" or not. At least it may help with future...
  8. Tdiforme2

Curt Hitch Info

Thanks to tjdeerslayer37 I just installed Curt hitch C11410. Had a problem trying to line up outboard frame holes and had to take it down and grind down the top of frame mount plates approximately 1/8", maybe due to my 2012. It is tight fit, but once you get it up in there I think it is good...
  9. Tdiforme2

New to TDIClub? Introduce yourself here!

Hi, new to VW, new to me 2012 Jetta MK6 TDI 6sp, 37K mi. first half tank of petrol through it and so far enjoying the ride. Wanted a drivers type car yet smoother. Not new to diesels had a F350 6.0L Ford and farm tractors. Learning what I can to perform own maintenance and possible mods. Thanks...
  10. Tdiforme2

Shopping For Used MKVI Jetta TDI: What to Look For?

Hi, new member here with new to me VW Jetta Tdi 2012. I think that is pretty good deal for 16k, I paid a little more, but I still waited for about a month to get them down, luckily no one else took it. Depends on the area and dealer for turnover. From what can tell is manuals are always harder...